A Comprehensive List of Famous Blade Clones

This user has no status.
Here is a place to list famous blade clones. I could not find a thread that answered my questions, so I decided to start one:
Stiga Clipper = Huaruite Clipper [csxstars8696]
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC = Yinhe V-14 Pro [csxstars8696]
Stiga Optimum = Yinhe MC-2 [Michael Zhuang]
Nittaku Violin = Yinhe Earth E-3 / Yinhe Earth E-4 [Michael Zhuang]
Butterfly Kreanga Carbon = Dawei Biox 50 [Michael Zhuang]
Butterfly Viscaria = Yinhe Pro 01 [AndyK]
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC = Yinhe V-4 [AndyK]
Butterfly Maze Carbon = Yinhe V-16 [AndyK]
Butterly Schlager carbon = Yinhe T1 [AndyK]
Butterfly Primorac carbon = Yinhe T2 [AndyK]
Stiga Offensive Classic = 729 Z-1 / Yinhe Earth E-1 / DHS Hurricane Hao [ttarc]
Stiga Rosewood NCT 5 = Loki Black Flame [ttarc]
Stiga Rosewood NCT 7 = Loke Red Flame [ttarc]
Butterfly Innerforce = DHS Long 5 [Gozo]
DHS Long 5 = DHS Fang Bo B2X [SFF_lib]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
This is a cool topic. I believe the Yinhe MC-2 is clone of Stiga Optimum. Ive heard that the Earth-2 or 3 is a clone of Nittaku Violin.

I have a old Dawei Biox50 which is a clone of Kreanga Carbon.

There are many ALC blades from Sword, Yinhe, Sanwei, 729. I dont think they are specifically a clone of any blade, but they are meant to express the same play style as Butterfly's ALC line.

Reactions: csxstars8696
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
This is what I collated across various forums a few months ago. I haven't played with any of these blades, so take it with a grain of salt

Viscaria => Yinhe Pro 01
Timo Boll ALC => Yinhe V-14 Pro
Innerforce ZLC => Yinhe V-4
Nittaku Violin => Yinhe Earth-4
Maze Carbon => Yinhe V-16
Schlager carbon => Yinhe T1
Primorac carbon => Yinhe T2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Avalox P500 or an old Stiga Offensive Classic (Koto, Spruce, Ayous, Spruce, Koto) => Yinhe Earth 1 or DHS Hurricane Hao (both are afaik thicker than the original blades)
Stiga Offensive Classic => 729 Z-1 also slightly thicker than the original
Stiga Rosewood NCT 5 => Loki Black Flame
Stiga Rosewood NCT 7 => Loke Red Flame, if one counts a significantly thinner blade (5.5 mm to 5.7 mm according to Loki vs afaik 6.9 mm) as a clone.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Here is a place to list famous blade clones. I could not find a thread that answered my questions, so I decided to start one. To be honest, I only know of 2 blade clones:
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC - Yinhe Venus V-14 Pro
Stiga Clipper - Huaruite Clipper
BTY Innerforce - DHS Long V. Long V is suppose to homage BTY Innerforce but by a stroke of luck, those engineers at DHS made something better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
The topic said not only Chinese clones so DHS Long V - Donic Ovtcharov No. 1 (in the sense that Donic cloned the Chinese blade, or ordered them to make the blades for them whichever is true ).
Hi Kuba Hajto,

Good day to you.

What is Chinese clone’s blade that feeling most close to DHS HURRICANE LONG 5 blade in your opinion ?

Thank you in advance for your kind recommendation and reply.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi Kuba Hajto,

Good day to you.

What is Chinese clone’s blade that feeling most close to DHS HURRICANE LONG 5 blade in your opinion ?

DHS BO2X same construction as Long V.

DHS H301 or H301X. Same construction as Long V except the top ply is koto.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Hi Kuba Hajto,

Good day to you.

I haven't own one. But one that I would consider to be the closest to that would be Yasaka Atletico Power from prott.vip. Close to Long V but better feel on backhand and slightly more stiff.

Or you can consider looking for used blades. Used ovtcharov no.1 senso or long v should be roughly 90€ same as yasaka blade new.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
DHS BO2X same construction as Long V.

DHS H301 or H301X. Same construction as Long V except the top ply is koto.

Hi SFF_lib’s,

Good day to you.

My blade now is Butterfly Innerforce ALC, does you know that DHS BO2X speed more faster than Butterfly Innerforce ALC or more slower?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Hi SFF_lib’s,

Good day to you.

My blade now is Butterfly Innerforce ALC, does you know that DHS BO2X speed more faster than Butterfly Innerforce ALC or more slower?

Sorry I haven’t played either one.

BO2X has better value for money. It’s also highly rated in China.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is a place to list famous blade clones. I could not find a thread that answered my questions, so I decided to start one. To be honest, I only know of 2 blade clones:
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC - Yinhe Venus V-14 Pro
Stiga Clipper - Huaruite Clipper
csxstars: I think, if you want this thread to be functionally more useful, probably, as people list blades that could be part of the list, you should edit your first post and add them to an actual list so that when people click on the thread, they actually see a list in the first post rather than having to read through all the posts to see if there are any blades listed.

You could leave the content you posted at the top of the first post and then add under it something like:

"List from additions members mentioned:

1) Yinhe MC-2 => Clone of Stiga Optimum [listed by M Zhuang]
2) Earth 2 or 3 => Maybe a Clone of Nittaku Violin [listed by M Zhuang]
3) Yinhe Pro 01 => Clone of Viscaria [listed by AndyK]
etc."

This user has no status.
csxstars: I think, if you want this thread to be functionally more useful, probably, as people list blades that could be part of the list, you should edit your first post and add them to an actual list so that when people click on the thread, they actually see a list in the first post rather than having to read through all the posts to see if there are any blades listed.

You could leave the content you posted at the top of the first post and then add under it something like:

"List from additions members mentioned:

1) Yinhe MC-2 => Clone of Stiga Optimum [listed by M Zhuang]
2) Earth 2 or 3 => Maybe a Clone of Nittaku Violin [listed by M Zhuang]
3) Yinhe Pro 01 => Clone of Viscaria [listed by AndyK]
etc."

Sure thing. Thanks for the suggestion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (Walnut, Spruce, Ayous, Spruce, Walnut) => Yinhe Pro 5w (slightly thinner), Stiga Intensity NCT, Adidas Avenger 5
Stiga Clipper CR => Yinhe 437 Purple Dragon (http://mytabletennis.net/forum/some-new-2015-yinhe-blades_topic73121.html)
Stiga Clipper CC => Tibhar Force Pro Black Edition (https://ttgearlab.com/2017/02/16/sa...edition-vs-some-7-ply-wood-blades-comparison/)
Butterfly Korbel Speed (Koto, Limba, Ayous, Limba, Koto) => Spinlord RD2 (possibly thicker than the original)
Donic Persson Powerplay (Koto, paper foil, 3x Ayous, paper foil, Koto) => maybe Xiom Diva (afaik same structure but without the paper foil)

The remaining blades that I either tested or own have afaik not been cloned ;) Sanwei Green Even (11-ply), Yasaka Sweden Extra, Extra 3D (Anigre, Limba, Ayous, Limba, Anigre), Tibhar Lebesson/Samsonov Alpha (Limba, Meranti, Ayous, Meranti, Limba), 729 F-1 (Koto, Limba, 3k carbon, Kiri, 3k carbon, Limba, Koto), TSP/Victas Swat with a Clipper structure but tempered plies (very brittle, no other blade gets damaged as easily as this one), thinner, slower, lighter and less stiff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Here is a place to list famous blade clones. I could not find a thread that answered my questions, so I decided to start one:
Stiga Clipper = Huaruite Clipper [csxstars8696]

It depends on how you define a clone. You could say that every brand has at least one clipper clone.

Reactions: ttarc
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. One thing I am seeing is, two blades with the same plies:

Butterfly Primorac Off- and OSP Virtuoso Off- (both Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba) are VERY DIFFERENT blades and OSP was definitely not trying to make a clone of the Primorac Off- when they made the Virtuoso Off-. Plies are different thickness, wood is treated differently, gluing process is different, these blades will not play or feel alike.

So, some of what is being presented as "clones" are blades that simply have the same plies. I would not consider some of the blades mentioned clones.

Reactions: ttarc and SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Yeah. One thing I am seeing is, two blades with the same plies:

Butterfly Primorac Off- and OSP Virtuoso Off- (both Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba) are VERY DIFFERENT blades and OSP was definitely not trying to make a clone of the Primorac Off- when they made the Virtuoso Off-. Plies are different thickness, wood is treated differently, gluing process is different, these blades will not play or feel alike.

So, some of what is being presented as "clones" are blades that simply have the same plies. I would not consider some of the blades mentioned clones.

About Primorac and the same composition of plies. What is Korbel? Should it be considered a clone? Or is it only a clone when another brand is attempting to do the same? I would not call Korbel a Primorac clone, because it exists to offer something else (bigger, faster). Viscaria, Timo Boll ALC, Zhang Jike ALC however… Very similar... 🤨

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl