Are there different versions of Hurricane 3 Neo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I have a Hurricane 3 Neo with orange sponge, it is very dead feeling, rather slow, kind of mushy. But today I borrowed somebodys Hurricane 3 Neo, which had a distinct pink sponge. It really played nothing like my H3, it didnt feel anywhere as dead or slow. He said he bought it on Amazon for $23. I almost think its a fake H3 but happens to have a bouncier sponge. Anybody have any idea what this could be?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I have a Hurricane 3 Neo with orange sponge, it is very dead feeling, rather slow, kind of mushy. But today I borrowed somebodys Hurricane 3 Neo, which had a distinct pink sponge. It really played nothing like my H3, it didnt feel anywhere as dead or slow. He said he bought it on Amazon for $23. I almost think its a fake H3 but happens to have a bouncier sponge. Anybody have any idea what this could be?

The H3 with a pink sponge is likely H3-50. The #50 sponge is softer and more lively.

Most H3 needs a “break in” period. You just need to keep hitting it until the sponge is woken up. Or people like me put 3 layers of booster oil to the sponge and it played like a charm.

H3 is a complex topic. I wrote a reply before comparing the major varieties.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
The H3 with a pink sponge is likely H3-50. The #50 sponge is softer and more lively.

Most H3 needs a “break in” period. You just need to keep hitting it until the sponge is woken up. Or people like me put 3 layers of booster oil to the sponge and it played like a charm.

Does H3 50 has the same top sheet marking?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Does H3-50 have a pink sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
DSCF9821.JPG

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Stop horsing around and just use the blue sponge already. ( Just kidding 😁 )

Just a story to share, I have a Nittaku H3 Turbo Blue Sponge and I let my club mate test it out. He is an above beginner level player, perhaps intermediate level, and he comes from Euro Tensor. The first thing he said was, WTF! This rubber feels like hitting a brick. It is so dead, he said. I can't spin with this dead rubber. I smiled.