T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 17 3

User Info Menu

May 2021
    Austria
    Read 0 Reviews

Will chop blocks become more common?

Been watching the China National Games and Chinese Super League (with surprisingly little discussion of either on this site??) and Ma Long has started to play chop blocks way more regularly than in the past or compared to other players, especially this amazing-looking windscreen-wiper style stroke against incoming backhand balls. As well as playing them basically at least once a set, he's breaking them out at crucial moments of matches too in the last few months.

I wonder could this be an instance of the best player breaking new ground (he obviously didnt invent the shot, I mean more to see it this consistently and regularly executed) and it then soon becoming a more common trend as others might try to implement this shot more also. I love seeing variation in play generally, and it's also just a great looking shot

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 140 449
    B
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 449 140

User Info Menu

Jul 2012
    Great Britain
    Read 0 Reviews
    Walther Ricardo is also one of the players that I've seen doing the windscreen-wiper quite often and he does it quite well. I wish more players would play with this style like Ma Long or Walther Ricardo where it's not just pure looping all the time but being more creative in the return shot selection.

The Following User Likes bzing's Post:

TaiHaoPingPong