D09c vs H3Neo vs Rakza Z

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Why dont the Chinese pros use Dignics 09c? It seems the best of both worlds with the tacky grip and springy sponge. Wouldnt a top Chinese pro hit faster loops with Dignics than with H3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Why dont the Chinese pros use Dignics 09c? It seems the best of both worlds with the tacky grip and springy sponge. Wouldnt a top Chinese pro hit faster loops with Dignics than with H3?
I think hurricane offers better control and spin. They already have plenty of power in their shots, so they don’t need extra power from the rubber. When they need extra power from the rubber to smash lobs, they twiddle to their red side which is usually some European rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I think hurricane offers better control and spin. They already have plenty of power in their shots, so they don’t need extra power from the rubber. When they need extra power from the rubber to smash lobs, they twiddle to their red side which is usually some European rubber

Sure they have enough power, but wouldnt 10% more power help them win even more points? Most loop-loop rallies dont end that easily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Sure they have enough power, but wouldnt 10% more power help them win even more points? Most loop-loop rallies dont end that easily.

At that level, points aren’t won through power alone. There are other important aspects like spin, placement, variation, short game, etc. that H3Neo may do better than D09c. For example, Chinese players have some of the best short game in the world, and hurricane assists them because the sponge isn’t bouncy and the topsheet generates a lot of spin.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
At that level, points aren’t won through power alone. There are other important aspects like spin, placement, variation, short game, etc. that H3Neo may do better than D09c. For example, Chinese players have some of the best short game in the world, and hurricane assists them because the sponge isn’t bouncy and the topsheet generates a lot of spin.

Well spoken indeed. Often , while watching the pros play we can not actually see the "subtleness and variation of spin ans speed" that goes into the
professional game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Also, why dont more euro and japanese players use hurricane?Â

And why dont any pros use chinese rubber other than dhs. Is 729 or sanwei or yinhe incomparable?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Also, why dont more euro and japanese players use hurricane?Â

Yes very interesting question.
I fink they are so used to their "trampoline rubbers " and they never developed the skills to use something like Hurricane rubbers.
But they are always quick to knock them of course. 😁
I fink they are so used to their "trampoline rubbers " and they never developed the skills to use something like Hurricane rubbers.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Half the Korean National Team is getting their national versions of H3 from Nexy Korea as they are a DHS distributor... let's see if moar of the squad selects H3 of the new Squid Game.

Sergey Tsos, the Champion will come on TTD and issue his final say on the matter soon about all things H3, few are better on this subject.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
D09C is barely tacky, Rakza Z is 'semi tacky', H3 Neo has the most tackiness of the 3, but there are some rubbers that have as much or more tackiness.
The 'hard dead sponge' of H3 neo isn't the only factor that makes it slower, the level of tackiness has to be taken into account as well, having the most tackiness also reduces it's speed a little.

There's also some opinions out there, rightly or wrongly that,H3 is capable of as fast or faster ball speeds than T05/D09C etc in that D09C/T05 'tops out' whereas H3 doesn't or it's top out speed is greater. that's one for BB to comment on!!

All I know is that over short / closer distances, fast is fast!!

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Ive heard that topping out idea before, but i never understood it. Im not physics expert, but i dont see how h3 could be faster than tenergy if the same guy with the same power hits it. I can see how tenergy has a Limit on speed because of the air drag on the ball, but i dont see how h3 can be faster than tenergy.Â

Also, why not put h3 topsheet on tenergy sponge or another fast sponge? Why does it need to have the dead sponge?

Or why not just make a super tacky version of tenergy? Why does it have to be either or?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Ive heard that topping out idea before, but i never understood it. Im not physics expert, but i dont see how h3 could be faster than tenergy if the same guy with the same power hits it. I can see how tenergy has a Limit on speed because of the air drag on the ball, but i dont see how h3 can be faster than tenergy.Â

Also, why not put h3 topsheet on tenergy sponge or another fast sponge? Why does it need to have the dead sponge?

Or why not just make a super tacky version of tenergy? Why does it have to be either or?

well, in just about every mans life there comes the moment when either his wife or girlfriend will tell him :" It is not the size - it is the technique " !!!
OK ?
If one has not very special technique, the speed will be limited by whatever the rubber can give.
With good technique the speed is virtually only limited by what one can apply to the blade/rubber - which is why the "greats" can get faster speeds AND tremendous accuracy with H3

This user has no status.
Hey I enjoyed the review but as a long time H3 guy I have add a word you might have missed. I mean the crucial point to understand for people coming from European/Japanese rubber market is that the H3 is kinda linear relative to your stroke power, so the normal stroke you use to generate a lot of power with it using a European "stroke" is only gonna generate a modest power on H3. This is so obvious on Dan's comparison video luckily in yours you had someone with a bigger forehand stroke ... H3 being like this is actually a good thing because if you need more power then you should just add it to the stroke yourself. This way the rubber works wonders on receiving because it is kinda dead. Our guy with the powerful forehand at the end was able to get similar power out of the 3 but the H3 is better in receiving and better in terms of price than the other two. BTW I never boosted my H3, it just needs two sessions before it starts to really perform

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Lol my TT club gave it to me as a housewarming gift. If I was actually sponsored by butterfly, I wouldn’t have ever bought any other rubbers haha

I don’t think that lodro believes you are sponsored by Butterfly. I think he points out that he is not surprised that a player who wears butterfly clothes, have a big butterfly banner on the wall, have several butterfly rubber packages on the wall, have earlier reviewed mostly butterfly products and always play with different butterfly blades and rubbers - would think that the butterfly product is the best one. Perhaps the love for the brand could make you a bit biased. 🤔

However, I also prefer D09c over H3 and rakza Z. 😊

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I'm sorry to tell that, but nothing come close to H3 National Blue sponge (boosted) in any aspect.The only part where I would consider the D09c better, could be on flat hits, but I don't spect someone who have that kind of style moving to tackiness surface.
Even the provincial one with seamoon still way better, being something that "everyone can afford" and find on the net from reputable shops easily.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

Isn't Rakza Z around 50-degrees and D09C around 55-degrees? With that difference in mind, isn't the greater top-end power of D09C what you'd expect? Might Rakza Z Extra Hard be closer to D09C, and be a better alternative for those who don't want to pay Butterfly prices?

Agree with manto on this - Razka Z is much softer than 09C, EH would be a more direct comparison. That said, Brian's review is great. It's always worth bearing playing level in mind with these things - I really love RZ on a fast-ish blade, seems to suit my bang average level perfectly. But Brian would no doubt want more power on tap than I do.

Last edited: