Hinoki outer ply

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

I'm just guessing here, but might it have something to do with the availability of good quality hinoki in sufficient quantities to justify Butterfly, Stiga and DHS developing and marketing blades with hinoki outer plies?

I'm not suggesting those are the only three brands that matter - as we know, other brands do have hinoki models - but I imagine those three sell the largest volumes. In other words, my guess is that commercial considerations are a meaningful factor in this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdurling4
says Aging is a killer

I'm just guessing here, but might it have something to do with the availability of good quality hinoki in sufficient quantities to justify Butterfly, Stiga and DHS developing and marketing blades with hinoki outer plies? I'm not suggesting those are the only three brands that matter - as we know, other brands do have hinoki models - but I imagine those three sell the largest volumes. In other words, my guess is that commercial considerations are a meaningful factor in this issue.

Plus those are the brands that sponsor the most players. That is my guess from my viewpoint of the circuit.

Last edited: