The most Waldernesque of today's players

says Aging is a killer
Who these days plays with the most varied style whatever the importance of the match?
I began following Zhou Qihao about a year or so ago thinking that he was a fantastic new player with his 'try anything' style. However, it was explained to me that he is of the same general age as Fan Zhendong. But the CNT never committed to him fully as they did not trust his ability to keep his nerves in tough situations.
This sort of shows up in this match at times. Anyway, have a look at Zhou Qihao and compare him to his opponent, Wang Chuqin, who is extremely good and will probably go further than Zhou.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
ZQH actually gives off the vibe of ZJK.

CNT didn't give him much international exposure between 2014 and 2018. If he were to gain more experience and play like he does on home soil, he would have been a serious threat to ML, FZD and CNT, just like LGY, LJK, YZY et al. CNT couldn't afford that.

Jan 2018
CNT didn't give him much international exposure between 2014 and 2018. If he were to gain more experience and play like he does on home soil, he would have been a serious threat to ML, FZD and CNT, just like LGY, LJK, YZY et al. CNT couldn't afford that.
CNT: 🤨
https://i.imgur.com/QPFf6Mv.jpg

ZQH: Let me show you how to blow a 5:1 lead in G5...

Last edited:

vik

This user has no status.

vik

This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
CNT: 🤨https://i.imgur.com/QPFf6Mv.jpgZQH: Let me show you how to blow a 5:1 lead in G5...

What is the true reason CNT to make retire (maybe just not sending him to WTTC ) Ma long at his best?even Xu xin has better nerves than ZQH or LGL.They are simply better.LGL lost to Drinkhall.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

What is the true reason CNT to make retire (maybe just not sending him to WTTC ) Ma long at his best?even Xu xin has better nerves than ZQH or LGL.They are simply better.LGL lost to Drinkhall.

CNT is thinking about the future. The next generation of players needs as much international playing experience as possible to grow and become even better than ML. So if it takes a couple of losses in contender events, so be it.

Reactions: davizoosk
vvk1; 355547

A CNT está pensando no futuro. A próxima geração de jogadores precisa de tanta experiência internacional quanto possível para crescer e se tornar ainda melhor do que ML. Portanto, se for necessário algumas derrotas em eventos de contendores, que assim seja.

yes, I think the same way. I know it's not the same comparison but the u17 and u19 teams from Brazil are also starting to appear more in the WTT and even if some athletes are not having the best results, it's to encourage them to also be among the best. Brazil is investing heavily in the new generation.

Jan 2018
The official reason given by ML, XX and LSW is that they've requested to opt out of the WTTC for personal/family reasons and the CNT humor their requests. ML, XX and LSW stress in their Weibo posts that doesn't mean they are not retiring. QZJ said the team is ready for the young players to "pay their tuition fees".

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer

CNT is thinking about the future. The next generation of players needs as much international playing experience as possible to grow and become even better than ML. So if it takes a couple of losses in contender events, so be it.

yes, I think the same way. I know it's not the same comparison but the u17 and u19 teams from Brazil are also starting to appear more in the WTT and even if some athletes are not having the best results, it's to encourage them to also be among the best. Brazil is investing heavily in the new generation.

I agree but would put it slightly differently.
Every young player has to go through the stage where, in a tournament, he beats the players that he's supposed to beat.
It's a mindset that I've never understood, and the top players have never been able explain how they did it.

Jan 2018
CNT: Can't afford that.

Men's Singles - Quarterfinals
Sports Hall Tri Lilije | Table 1
3-2
3 71151111
2 1181189