How Does Boosting Rubber Affect The Throw Angle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
There are no contradictions at all.
To better visualize and understand it, just draw a sketch for what is happening with the top sheet and how the contact with ball looks like.

I said "The top sheet of T05 is with greater pimples density, which cause the ball impact to be distributed on greater sponge area, the top sheet deforms flatter through greater area and doesn't "hug" the ball so tight" but maybe I have to clarify that this Greater area of flatter deformation is not a Greater area of contact with the ball, but Smaller even when the sponge compression is the same as of T64, and as a result the ball has a wider free angle to rebound.

A highly exaggerated visualization - imagine that the top sheet is not a rubber sheet, but a metal sheet. During the contact it will compress the sponge, but will not deform to "hug" the ball. And the ball will have eventual 180 degrees free to rebound.

Then basically what you are saying is:
- too small contact area (no/small hug), like in pimples => lower throw
- too much contact area (big hug), like in T64 => also lower throw

That is consistent in itself, no contradiction in it.

But hard for me to accept, I thought big hug would always result in bigger grip and then higher throw. And that the mechanism which causes the lower throw of T64 is different - e.g. the one due to deeper decompression. You may be right, I am not saying you're wrong. Just that I can't accept it now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012

angle will get low because expansion will increase pips distance thats why overboosting will send balls to the net.