Hurricane Long V series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
For me the Long 5 is just a blade that suits my game best. No theory needed. I loop on both wings and I love Chinese tacky rubbers on forehand which work perfectly with this blade. I also like the handle a lot and the woody yet very stable feel of it. After four years playing with 5plys I had the impression that they were not stable enough for the 40+ plastic ball area. Most of my opponents play with carbon blades and I had the feeling that I was overpowered too easily. So I looked for a carbon blade which was moderately fast and maintained 5ply characteristics (mostly flex, ability to spin), yet felt more stable when coping with powerful shots. I tried Darker 7P-2A Carbon, Hurricane 301, Viscaria, Nexy Eucrasia and Long 5. Long 5 and Eucrasia I liked best, Long 5 a bit more. So it became my blade.

Btw, I am not a big Ma Long fan and so it does feel a bit strange that I play with his blade. On the other hand, who cares...

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
All of you who like the Long 5... more power to you, hope you continue to enjoy it.

I tried it out... there is no way this is an OFF++ blade, maybe it is low end OFF. Mine was 90 grams.

The ball will just not come of the bat very well on my kind of loop with the same rubber (K1). I reglued it TWICE just to be sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
All of you who like the Long 5... more power to you, hope you continue to enjoy it.

I tried it out... there is no way this is an OFF++ blade, maybe it is low end OFF. Mine was 90 grams.

The ball will just not come of the bat very well on my kind of loop with the same rubber (K1). I reglued it TWICE just to be sure.

Except my HL5 seemed not to flex much. Then my w968 flexes much more easily, more vibration. Love the feel

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I will not say a blade is lerrible if it isn't OFF+... I am simply saying the maker over-rates teh speed.

Many of the blades I have liked have been in the OFF Minus to Low end OFF+ range... that is a wide range.

I just did not like the feel at impact with a known rubber.

On a similar note, Nexy's high end blade, the Yoo Nam Kyu Pro ALC is kinda similar in that you get the best top end if you really crack it, many higher level players like that feel on that impact with that blade... to me, Yoo Nam Kyu Pro ALC was an outstanding control low end OFF range blade, not a bomber.