Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 13
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 13 1

Blade advice

I am currently using the HL5 and I don't like the inner carbon feel or the shot quality at low or medium power. I am an offensive player (close to mid distance) who uses controlled loops, active blocking and fast counters. I am looking for an outer carbon/composite/fibre blade that suits this playstyle, with good control and also good spin and speed.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 183 298
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 298 183

Vodak 4APC King
    Absolutely brilliant!
    https://www.vodak-dreva.cz/dreva/4-a...s-spin-off/48/

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 833 1,294
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,294 833
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurling4
    I am currently using the HL5 and I don't like the inner carbon feel or the shot quality at low or medium power. I am an offensive player (close to mid distance) who uses controlled loops, active blocking and fast counters. I am looking for an outer carbon/composite/fibre blade that suits this playstyle, with good control and also good spin and speed.
    Viscaria, my current blade.

Donic ovtcharov true carbon is 0.4mm thinner than Vis. Better feel, better spin but slightly slower away from table. I played it in the past and it pairs well with most rubbers.

The latest Victas ZX blades received very positive reviews in China. I’ve not played it though.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 23 83
    G
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 83 23

User Info Menu

May 2016
    Australia
    Read 0 Reviews
    Sounds like you prefer the outer carbon stuff.
    going to viscaria is a big change IMO.

Maybe you can have a look at some limba outer layer ALC blades to start. DHS has a whole heap if you are used to their feel and their narrow handles...If you're unsure you can even try the budget version (power G series).

I've personally gone to Yinhe. They're really improved in blade quality since the start of COVID.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,060 2,227
    L
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,227 1,060
    Timo Boll ALC would be the best, or at least the best to find more precisely what exactly would be even better - a sharper Viscaria, or something with better feeling, like Xiom Vega Tour, just for example.Innerlayers are very comfortable mainly for two kind of players - developing to intermediate, who transfer from allwood to composite and rearly switch to active carbon, and high class top players who are able to control it in all circumstances, but many intermediates just "think" that they are doing good with it, though they don't.So my advise is to try the TB Alc - it's something like a "blind test" to find what you really need.
    Last edited by langel; 10-15-2021 at 10:34 PM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 225 375
    L
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 375 225
    Quote Originally Posted by Manto76
    Vodak 4APC King
    Absolutely brilliant!
    https://www.vodak-dreva.cz/dreva/4-a...s-spin-off/48/
    I had it in hands for a while (without rubbbers), so I could feel the softness and at the same time the stiffness (paradox), measure the frequency and feel the vibration. It is indeed intriguing. I am looking forward your in-depth review, but not in a hurry at all, as I am now totally overwhelmed with Vodak Horejsi ALC.

From what you require I also think the Vodak 4APC King could suit you more than say Viscaria or TB ALC or Vodak Vision ALC blade.

Quote Originally Posted by langel
    So my advise is to try the TB Alc - it's something like a "blind test" to find what you really need.
    That's a good point, in agreement with my experience with Viscaria.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 13
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 13 1
    Thanks for the advice, I tried a friend’s boll alc and it felt much nicer than my HL5. I think I will go for either tbalc or viscaria as there is more information about them.

The Following User Likes jdurling4's Post:

latej

This user has no status.

TTD Member 22 97
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 97 22
    Thanks for the advice, I tried a friend’s boll alc and it felt much nicer than my HL5. I think I will go for either tbalc or viscaria as there is more information about them.

You could consider the lin Gaoyuan ALC also. The Viscaria, TB ALC, ZJK ALC and LGY ALC all have same construction but play differently.

there is a video on YouTube where all 4 have been compared, obviously his own experience but he stated TBALC to be fastest and LGYALC to be most controlled while ZJKALC to be softest feeling.

I am getting the LGYALC in next couple of weeks to try myself.

https://youtu.be/fcZgdf7aje0