Joo SaeHyuk does a Practice Session using hiz NEW Joo SH Blade !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Is he even still active? He isn't ranked very high anymore.

I wonder why he did decline so much. I know he is 40 but he has been pretty bad the last 4-5 years now and others like Timo and vladi still did well at that age. Does defensive play age worse?

But in his prime he was really great I think his greatest strength was picking his right spots for his attacks, he had a very low error rate when attacking and Usually made the point when he attacked because he rarely picked the wrong spot to attack

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe the plastic ball suit defenders bad?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I guess his style is too physically demanding? When I watched his difficult matches in the past, Joo always looked very tired. His matches often lasted very long and both the attacker and himself were exhausted.

Compared to Hou Yingchao, Joo moves a lot more and attacks more often (with all his power). My impression is Hou has a trickier style of defending and he doesn’t move too much, it’s amazing that he is still so good at 41. Joo’s matches are often more exciting to watch though.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Is he even still active? He isn't ranked very high anymore.

I wonder why he did decline so much. I know he is 40 but he has been pretty bad the last 4-5 years now and others like Timo and vladi still did well at that age. Does defensive play age worse?

But in his prime he was really great I think his greatest strength was picking his right spots for his attacks, he had a very low error rate when attacking and Usually made the point when he attacked because he rarely picked the wrong spot to attack

It's not that he got worse or that he can't win games anymore. I think he stopped playing for a long period of time because of medical issues. He has started to re-enter competitions in recent years though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Quote from the Korean Times around London Olympics

Joo, 32, said he received treatment for phlegmon cellulitis. “But I thought that something went wrong since there was few signs of recovery. The initial diagnosis turned out to be wrong. Later, my illness was diagnosed as Behcet’s Disease.

“Behcet’s Disease is a chronic disease. Therefore, I had to play, tolerating the pain,” Joo said.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018