Just tried Bloom Power and AK47

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Just got these 2 rubbers, and I am very impressed. Both are just around $10, so very affordable.Â

Bloom is very tacky, even more than H3 I think. It can pick up the ball for several seconds. It also has good speed, quite a bit faster than H3 and maybe a bit faster than Big Dipper. Probably around Battle 2 speed. As an attacking rubber, with speed and spin, very good rubber.Â

AK47 (I got yellow) is very unusual as a Chinese rubber. Its so soft/supple and elastic and bouncy. It really has a ESN type feel to it (similar speed, but probably slightly slower). It worked great for me doing fast drives and loops. It feels very responsive to whatever I wanted it to do. Great backhand rubber.Â

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Great. I use the ak47 red on the FH and like it too.Have you ever played the focus iii snipe on the BH? Wonder how it compares to the yellow ak47. Currently using the focus but not quite sure yet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Great. I use the ak47 red on the FH and like it too.Have you ever played the focus iii snipe on the BH? Wonder how it compares to the yellow ak47. Currently using the focus but not quite sure yet
Â

Ive tried Focus snipe, but it feels slower than AK47 series or Yinhe Moon.Â

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

I didnt play the ak47 but i used the Focus 3 sniper boosted and unboosted. It is by far a bad rubber. The speed is average unboosted, same goes in terms of spin and the control is great.
The rubber doesnt react too well to the Booster but it got at least a bit faster. I would say it is a decent rubber for smth like advanced beginners^^
It is smth like a allround rubber i would say.

In my case i had to remove it quite fast because it lacked too much in the spin department, so my backhand flicks werent that dangerous anymore. I would prefer my Xiom Vega pro, DHS Hurricane 8 (boosted), DHS Hurricane 8-80 or even the DHS Hurricane 3 37° (boosted) all the way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Just got these 2 rubbers, and I am very impressed. Both are just around $10, so very affordable.Â

Bloom is very tacky, even more than H3 I think. It can pick up the ball for several seconds. It also has good speed, quite a bit faster than H3 and maybe a bit faster than Big Dipper. Probably around Battle 2 speed. As an attacking rubber, with speed and spin, very good rubber.Â

AK47 (I got yellow) is very unusual as a Chinese rubber. Its so soft/supple and elastic and bouncy. It really has a ESN type feel to it (similar speed, but probably slightly slower). It worked great for me doing fast drives and loops. It feels very responsive to whatever I wanted it to do. Great backhand rubber.Â
Â

what degree of bloom power do you use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews

What the weight (uncut) of the Bloom Power ...

If you have played with HK1997, how does it compare ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I have Bloom Power H40. Im not sure the weight, but it doesnt seem heavy or light for a Chinese rubber. The sponge looks dense, so its typical heavy Chinese rubber i think.

I havent played HK1997, but Im also curious about that rubber. But from what I have seen, most Palio rubbers are soft and elastic. Bloom is hard and stiff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Any more tips for budget backhand rubbers in the 15-20 bucks range?

As I said I use the snipe and it works pretty well but in the last couple weeks I developed the ability to hit a pretty heavy spin backhand loop.

Any tips for a not so expensive BH rubber that has decent control but more spin potential than the focus snipe iii? Power is not so important for me on BH rubber but should have good spin

Ak47 yellow or blue would be an option too as I use the red on my FH but maybe there is a better option in that price range.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

As I said I use the snipe and it works pretty well but in the last couple weeks I developed the ability to hit a pretty heavy spin backhand loop.

Any tips for a not so expensive BH rubber that has decent control but more spin potential than the focus snipe iii? Power is not so important for me on BH rubber but should have good spin

Ak47 yellow or blue would be an option too as I use the red on my FH but maybe there is a better option in that price range.

Lately i have been growing quite fond of Loki RXTON 5 on both BH and FH.
These are as sticky as H3 give a great spin and a mighty cracking sound on FH-drive.
I am still not decided whether i prefer them to H3s or not though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Â

AK47 is great choice for BH rubber. I also recently ordered the Reactor Ckylin Pro to test as a BH rubber. If you want really cheap ($5), Loki Rxton 1 makes a reasonable BH choice. Yinhe Moon is a good choice. I have a friend who has always used Nittaku G1, but after he tried my Yinhe Moon, he decided to switch to Moon.Â

A couple rubbers that I havent tried, but look very promising as BH rubbers would also include Palio Hadou 40+ and Loki T3 and Yinhe Mercury 3.Â

As Lodro mentioned, I want to try the Rxton 5 as a FH rubber as well.Â

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

Lately i have been growing quite fond of Loki RXTON 5 on both BH and FH.
These are as sticky as H3 give a great spin and a mighty cracking sound on FH-drive.
I am still not decided whether i prefer them to H3s or not though.

How do these two rubbers compare in terms of speed and control etc...
I am thinking of getting a rxton 5 too.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
How do these two rubbers compare in terms of speed and control etc...
I am thinking of getting a rxton 5 too.

My personal opinion is that Rxton 5 is a bit faster and H3 has a little bit more control.
The fact that (as you can read from my last post) I am sitting firmly on the fence about any preference is that the differences are very very small.
Why don't you get a Rxton 5 and glue it on a blade with a H3 /40 2.15 on the other side. That would be a great comparison but you will likely arrive at the same conclusions as i did.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Are you sure its only a bit faster? Revspin shows Rxton 5 at a 9 for speed, and H3 at a 8.4 for speed.Â

In my opinion, H3 is closer to a 8.0 for speed. If Rxton rating is accurate, then its not a bit faster, but ALOT faster. Big Dipper, Bloom Power, and Battle 2 would all be in the upper 8 range, and quite a lot faster than H3.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

My personal opinion is that Rxton 5 is a bit faster and H3 has a little bit more control.
The fact that (as you can read from my last post) I am sitting firmly on the fence about any preference is that the differences are very very small.
Why don't you get a Rxton 5 and glue it on a blade with a H3 /40 2.15 on the other side. That would be a great comparison but you will likely arrive at the same conclusions as i did.

Thanks. The thing is that I am a single-sided cpen holder.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Are you sure its only a bit faster? Revspin shows Rxton 5 at a 9 for speed, and H3 at a 8.4 for speed.Â

In my opinion, H3 is closer to a 8.0 for speed. If Rxton rating is accurate, then its not a bit faster, but ALOT faster. Big Dipper, Bloom Power, and Battle 2 would all be in the upper 8 range, and quite a lot faster than H3.

Of course I am not sure.
How could anybody be sure? unless one smacks the balls through a radar gun it all remains subjective.
Furthermore : Every brand has their own number system and none of the brands actually commits itself to give a speed in km/h.
Therefore we will never know if we are comparing apples with apples or apples with eggs.
The numbers are strictly fantasy numbers and a sales gimmicks to me..
This is not a coincidence, it is deliberate, the manufacturers DO NOT want us to compare their brand with another brand, they want us to BELIEVE and BUY

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Of course I am not sure.
How could anybody be sure? unless one smacks the balls through a radar gun it all remains subjective.
Furthermore : Every brand has their own number system and none of the brands actually commits itself to give a speed in km/h.
Therefore we will never know if we are comparing apples with apples or apples with eggs.
The numbers are strictly fantasy numbers and a sales gimmicks to me..
This is not a coincidence, it is deliberate, the manufacturers DO NOT want us to compare their brand with another brand, they want us to BELIEVE and BUY

Â

Sure, but have you tried H3 and Rxton 5 recently? Assuming Rxton 5 is around or faster than any of those rubbers I mentioned, then its not a bit faster, but a good deal faster than H3. Because having used H3, I am quite sure that it is categorically slower than BD, B2, or Bloom. H3 is even slower than Rxton 1. So assuming Rxton 5 is faster than Rxton 1, I would imagine that it is categorically faster than H3.Â

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Â

Sure, but have you tried H3 and Rxton 5 recently? Assuming Rxton 5 is around or faster than any of those rubbers I mentioned, then its not a bit faster, but a good deal faster than H3. Because having used H3, I am quite sure that it is categorically slower than BD, B2, or Bloom. H3 is even slower than Rxton 1. So assuming Rxton 5 is faster than Rxton 1, I would imagine that it is categorically faster than H3.Â

Last time i played sunday afternoon club session . I have 2 identical blades, innerforce ZLC one with Rxtron 5 the other with H3 BH and Neo on FH
I can change the blades over in the middle of a game virtually without any adjustments needed. To me they feel just about the same and the Rxton a little faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021

Last time i played sunday afternoon club session . I have 2 identical blades, innerforce ZLC one with Rxtron 5 the other with H3 BH and Neo on FH
I can change the blades over in the middle of a game virtually without any adjustments needed. To me they feel just about the same and the Rxton a little faster.

Â

sorry to ask, if RXTON 5 is used on the backhand is it good, what is the hardness level of the sponge? in your opinion

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Â

sorry to ask, if RXTON 5 is used on the backhand is it good, what is the hardness level of the sponge? in your opinion

If you are used to the hardness of the Hurricane 3 rubbers I would say they are very similar and you can play with the Rxton5 no problem.
Because the Rxton5 is quite a sticky rubber it works well on the backhand for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021

If you are used to the hardness of the Hurricane 3 rubbers I would say they are very similar and you can play with the Rxton5 no problem.
Because the Rxton5 is quite a sticky rubber it works well on the backhand for me.

Â

on the back, I'm used to using medium hard, except for the forehand I'm used to using hard. rxton 5 is very attractive because the price is cheap. my friend used it but complained because the rubber didn't last long, is it true? how many months rxton 5 rubber works effectively?