what tt brand do you think is the best and why, then the same for the worst brand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
it would be nice to see your favourite brands and why it is your best, the same for the worst and why.

my favourite is stiga. i have used stiga blades for all my life. like the character of the blades they produce and now also the rubbers being better when they have german rubber. also my father used a stiga blade when he played, maybe that influenced me. my worst experience is joola a few years ago. i had claim on rubbers and was meet very rudley when i claimed the rubber. i even send it the rubber to them but still the said it was my fault. i got a bubble and said that i used some extra treatment.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Some people like to 'Cherry Pick' equipment from different brands, or have bespoke blades made for them. I'm sort of in that group.
I like trying different equipment, bit of an EJ!!! although this has really slowed down over the past few months as the new club league season has just or is about to start. Therefore I've been using the same set up for a while now.

Blades - used to be Butterfly for blades. Now, I would go down the 'bespoke' route, the blades Sergio (SDC Blades) made for me are excellent, I would advise everyone to get a bespoke blade from any of the private blade makers that have posted on the forum!!!
Rubbers - any brand really!!! if I like a rubber then I'll use it regardless of who the manufacturer is !!! If pushed into choosing 1 company then i suppose it would be DHS.
Clothing - Anything that fits 😂!!

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Brand value/perception and product quality are very loosely related at best. The former is a marketing concept, the latter has a real-world connection.

Butterfly is the obvious A brand, with Nittaku and DHS having pretentions there as well. That all said, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by GEWO gear more than once.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Nittaku is my favorite brand -- everything they make is quality (edge tape, grip tape, cases, balls, blades, rubbers etc. etc.). Andro also produces good quality blades and rubbers at a reasonable price. Least favorite is Butterfly, the Apple of table tennis, which makes good quality products, but tends to be overpriced across the board.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Brand value/perception and product quality are very loosely related at best. The former is a marketing concept, the latter has a real-world connection.

Butterfly is the obvious A brand, with Nittaku and DHS having pretentions there as well. That all said, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by GEWO gear more than once.

For quality and quality control, Butterfly first, Nittaku second. DHS and Stiga make great equipment, but in my experience their quality control has been not so great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Blades

(1) Vodak [Top quality, best 'feel' in my opinion, and (by a mile) best value for money]
(2) Xiom
(3) Gewo

Rubbers

[Note: I have very little experience with Chinese-style rubbers so haven't considered those brands.]

(1) Nittaku [Top quality, more durable than most, and (also by a mile) best value for money]
(2) Xiom
(3) Stiga

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I think new brand Loki is the hidden gem of TT right now. Their rubbers are cheap and excellent, they have many high end blades, and their packaging and branding is nice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
For blades most of the branda are no bueno. Too many differences from blade to blade of the same model. I think it is best to scramble around local market and talk to players who want to sell and ask for test ride.

When it comes to rubbers. FH: DHS, 729, Nittaku and Gewo. For BH Gewo, Victas and Xiom. For me on the Fh no tack no talk (with exception to G1, but it is only acceptable, not exceptional, it does not loose grip when cold and wet though).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
In general I like STIGA and Xiom the most. However Butterfly is obviously a top class brand as well. For me, it depends a bit on which product we are talking about. STIGA I like the most by far when it comes to blades and textiles. Butterfly when it comes to rubbers, and Xiom for everything else. The german brands such as Donic, Gewo, Tibhar is bad and boring.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Fav brand:

1) Butterfly. It is like when we think about painkiller, automatically we think Tylenol. It is a household brand. You cannot run away from it. Also I have a BTY Primorac and I have grown a liking to it over the years. It was not love at first sight, but over a long time of getting to know each other, we have grown closer. It is of very good built. Good weight and have this sturdy feel to it.

2) Stiga. My first serious blade was Stiga All-round classic and she has been with me for the past 7 years. We have been through thick and thin, many tourneys and friendlies. She has always been with me. Still very much in love after all these years. Love at first sight and still going strong.

3) Donic. This brand has a very large presence in my country because it is the main sponsor for our National Team. Also, they have very good support and good videos to explain and assist new players in choosing their set-up. Their rubber is also very good and easy to play with. I have been using Donic rubber for the longest of time.

4) DHS. Who can deny this brand. This is the go-to brand for all chinese style play.

5) Others like Joola, Yasaka, Andro, et al just don't have that much of brand presence in my country. There are users here and there but not mainstream in my opinion.

This user has no status.
I always used stiga blades for almost 40 years. Last years I switched over to Sanwei. More specific the Sanwei Fextra (nordic 7). I love this blade. But In general you can't go wrong with Stiga, Donic, Butterfly. Nowadays a lot of brands sell quality products. It's a matter of finding the right equipment (blade and rubbers) for your game and building up self confidence.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T510 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Nittaku, Victas, Butterfly & Stiga (Blades) are my favorites.
I enjoy some products from here and there also, like the Evolution Series from Tibhar or the DHS rubbers.
All others are okey, the only thing that I don't really get and could change is the terrible branding and design in some brands, but their products are nice from my point of view.