From Yeo to Viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
I have returned to table tennis- after long absence - for a year now, My setup during this year was YEO with a pair of Rakza 7.
After some thinking I decided I would try the famous BTY ALC blade Viscaria and I paired it with my current rubber, here are my Thoughts :
1) Control: I was surprised with the level of control this setup gave me even over the all wood YEO, sweets pot has increased and I could land my shots where I wanted them.
Blocks also were much better and now they land on the opponent side rather than out of the table.
2) Top spin become stronger and my peers told me that they could feel the difference in the quality of my shots.
3)Serve and receive probably is the department where I need to adjust my technique a bit.
YEO was some how spinner andmy serve had fair chance of not being returned by many opponents but now I feel the amount of spin has been reduced.
Passive receive would go high where it could be taken advantage of. Aggressive/active receive is highly recommended.

Would love to hear your opinions if you have experienced the same when going from wood to carbon, or was your experience different?

says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021
I have returned to table tennis- after long absence - for a year now, My setup during this year was YEO with a pair of Rakza 7.
After some thinking I decided I would try the famous BTY ALC blade Viscaria and I paired it with my current rubber, here are my Thoughts :
1) Control: I was surprised with the level of control this setup gave me even over the all wood YEO, sweets pot has increased and I could land my shots where I wanted them.
Blocks also were much better and now they land on the opponent side rather than out of the table.
2) Top spin become stronger and my peers told me that they could feel the difference in the quality of my shots.
3)Serve and receive probably is the department where I need to adjust my technique a bit.
YEO was some how spinner andmy serve had fair chance of not being returned by many opponents but now I feel the amount of spin has been reduced.
Passive receive would go high where it could be taken advantage of. Aggressive/active receive is highly recommended.

Would love to hear your opinions if you have experienced the same when going from wood to carbon, or was your experience different?

When switching from all-wood to a composite blade especially the outer-composite, you definitely need to take care of the soft touches (short receives, serves, flicks, etc)

Not a big deal though, as long as one intensively adjust with the feeling and keep practicing in a regular basis.

Reactions: wheelbuilder