Please suggest me a short pip rubber for my backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Hi,
I want put a short pips rubber on my backhand. I never played with short pips before. But a few days ago in our table tennis club a fellow player lend me his racket. It had "Adidas Blaze Spin" (2 mm) in the BH and I really liked playing with it. Later I figured out that rubber is out of production. So I am seeking help from experienced players who can tell me what will be a alternative Short Pips for Adidas Blaze Spin.

My blade is Joola Rossi Emotion. On my FH I play with Andro Hexer Grip.
Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I do not know much about the Adidas rubber but if you look in which direction the pimples are aligned and feel over the pimples how much grip they have you will have something to look after.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I'm currently using Joola Express Ultra on my BH - not hugely spinny but blazingly fast. Took me some while to get used to it, it's not an overnight job. If I want more spin for BH services or for short returns I flip to my FH rubber which is Rhyzer 48. Being able to twiddle is a useful skill !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
The Andro Blowfish series is a food alternative for the Blaze Spin.

My suggestion would be victas vo 102 - very spinny, fast und good touch.

If you would like to try short pips for less money: Friendship 802 40 Mystery 3 will do the trick.

Thank you for the tips.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I'm currently using Joola Express Ultra on my BH - not hugely spinny but blazingly fast. Took me some while to get used to it, it's not an overnight job. If I want more spin for BH services or for short returns I flip to my FH rubber which is Rhyzer 48. Being able to twiddle is a useful skill !

That rubber you suggested seems very expensive

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have used both the Ultra Express and Victas VO 102. I find them quite similar.

maybe you can try your friends racket a bit more? Or maybe he has a spare rubber? I often find that people try short pips and it feels good when they get the ball at the same place but it is not as fun when you have to
move.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose

That rubber you suggested seems very expensive

It is one of the more costly pimpled rubbers, but not a patch on reversed rubber prices from Butterfly and others e.g. Joola Dynarz. Table tennis is a cheap sport compared to many, so I don't mind spending a bit to get what I want - although I draw the line at Dignics !! I think I paid about GBP 44, which is fine by me. Hardly made a dent in my table tennis slush fund ! Of course, i don't know Canadian prices........

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
The Andro Blowfish series is a food alternative for the Blaze Spin.

My suggestion would be victas vo 102 - very spinny, fast und good touch.

If you would like to try short pips for less money: Friendship 802 40 Mystery 3 will do the trick.

Excellent suggestions! I also found Blaze Spin, Blowfish, and Victas 102 to be at least 90% identical.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Hi,
I want put a short pips rubber on my backhand. I never played with short pips before. But a few days ago in our table tennis club a fellow player lend me his racket. It had "Adidas Blaze Spin" (2 mm) in the BH and I really liked playing with it. Later I figured out that rubber is out of production. So I am seeking help from experienced players who can tell me what will be a alternative Short Pips for Adidas Blaze Spin.

My blade is Joola Rossi Emotion. On my FH I play with Andro Hexer Grip.
Thanks in advance.

What do you want it to do? What is your playstyle and what is your strengths and weaknesses on your BH?

Do you want it for kinda straight blocking and counter driving?

Reactions: Rizve Hasan