Asian Cup 2012

TME

This user has no status.

TME

This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Sweet power from Noshad Alamiyan and good defense, he was timing the backhand counterspins real nice.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
It's a shame to see WLQ lacking top match fitness. Quite a number of uncharacteristic errors coming off from his racket. No doubt Noshad played extremely well and deservedly won the match, but WLQ given any other day would have him for breakfast.

Nevertheless, great scalp for Norshad:) and heck of a story to tell his kids.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
It's a shame to see WLQ lacking top match fitness. Quite a number of uncharacteristic errors coming off from his racket. No doubt Noshad played extremely well and deservedly won the match, but WLQ given any other day would have him for breakfast.

Yap, especially Wang's footwork didn't seem to be present in that match.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

I totally agree Azlan, however Noshad seemed to play to the best of his ability.

I read an interesting youtube comment that made quite a lot of sense. It said, how lately Wang Liqin has been a practice partner in the training hall with his fellow Chinese stars and hasn't played much competition. It then said how this has made Wang Liqin lose his competitive edge and fight. If you watch the video it does look like Wang is playing to what his opponent is doing rather then dominating the table himself.

It is a shame to watch Wang Liqin not play to his best.

Congrats to Noshad tho, he has a promising future and the next few years will be interesting to watch his progression.

Mar 2011
Dan, you're right. I couldn't actually put a finger how WLQ played until you mentioned losing his competitive edge because he has been a sparring partner to his team mates. He actually played as a sparring partner in that match. He was passive and he was just keeping the ball in play. A shadow of his real self.

I can see the frustration in his eyes whenever he misses a shot, shots that he once able to make even in his sleep. He did the best he could in that match..he just couldn't understand why he was missing those shots.

He once said that he will answer the call as long as China needs him, even as a training partner. A real trooper for China. Any other players would have retired. A very humble great player still to this day. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking that he's playing 2nd fiddle nowadays.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, you're right. I couldn't actually put a finger how WLQ played until you mentioned losing his competitive edge because he has been a sparring partner to his team mates. He actually played as a sparring partner in that match. He was passive and he was just keeping the ball in play. A shadow of his real self.

I can see the frustration in his eyes whenever he misses a shot, shots that he once able to make even in his sleep. He did the best he could in that match..he just couldn't understand why he was missing those shots.

He once said that he will answer the call as long as China needs him, even as a training partner. A real trooper for China. Any other players would have retired. A very humble great player still to this day. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking that he's playing 2nd fiddle nowadays.

Yeah for sure, the man is 3 times World Champion! :)

So true! I think he should become a national coach, he would be great! Just shows how good he is tho, still being able to represent China when needed.