Advanced TTD Member 37 284
    M
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 284 37

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews

Who has tried Reactor Rubbers?

I feel like Reactor rubbers are the most underrated rubbers around. I just got a sheet of Reactor Ckylin Pro. It really looks like a ESN rubber, with very soft sponge and topsheet, and porous sponge. I havent played it yet, but just from bouncing it, it has some elastic bounce to in, similar to AK47.Â

I also have the Tornado V5, which in many ways is my favorite forehand rubber. It is seriously very spinny rubber, but also good speed. Its a lot cheaper than Battle 2, but it feels quite similar in speed and spin. Whenever I loop with it, people come and ask me what rubber it is because they are surprised by the power and spin.Â

Anybody else play with Reactor? Is it the most underrated brand in TT, and why isnt it more popular?

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 72 193
    F
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 193 72

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    UK
    Read 1 Reviews
    I've tried Rector Corbor ..The topsheet is not elastic nor very tacky.. It's hard sponge, and is rather slow .. On the plus side, it offers loads of control - You can place the ball where ever you want .. It's also decently spinny .. good at flat-hits too .. I would recommend this rubber to absolute entry-level players or someone who wants to learn how to chop (with inverted)

This user has no status.

M
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews
    So I tried the Ckylin Pro today. As expected, it was very good rubber. It is cheap, $10 or $11, but feels like a high quality rubber. Sponge is blue and porous, topsheet is soft and relatively thin. It has a good amount of bounciness and elasticity to it. Surface is very grippy, and almost borderline tacky. Bottom line is topspin loops are very fast and spinny. I use it as a BH rubber, but I flipped and tried on the FH side as well with great success. I would say this is very comparable alternative to AK47. AK47 is a little more supple, where Ckylin is a little firmer.Â

says Takkyū wa tanoshīdesu!

Established TTD Member 21 131
    says Takkyū wa tanoshīdesu!

Established TTD Member 131 21
    Reactor Corbor is the rubber with the hardest sponge and slowest I even used, i not liked so much, i played a little with a Tornado 5, its a good rubber btw, have some speed and have good spin, I used on RPB.

This user has no status.

M
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews
    Corbor is their cheapest rubber, I wouldnt expect much from it. I think its just made as a cheap option for beginners. I also used the Tornado V5, and it is really amazing. Topspin loops are very powerful. I am also curious how well the Thunder black sponge plays, because it is marketed as a powerful FH rubber.