What is STIGA Cybershape?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Read 1 reviews

Since the 1880s, table tennis blades have been basically the same shape. But Stiga has released a hexagonal blade in 2021, called Stiga Cybershape. Its launch has subverted everyone’s inherent cognition of rackets, and it has also attracted many fans to try it.

From the moment Sweden player used this blade to play in the World Table Tennis Championships final, its popularity has reached an unprecedented peak. Fans from all over the world want to try this new brand and unique blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Since the 1880s, table tennis blades have been basically the same shape. But Stiga has released a hexagonal blade in 2021, called Stiga Cybershape. Its launch has subverted everyone’s inherent cognition of rackets, and it has also attracted many fans to try it.

From the moment Sweden player used this blade to play in the World Table Tennis Championships final, its popularity has reached an unprecedented peak. Fans from all over the world want to try this new brand and unique blade.

More nonsense from another (or the same) Stiga marketing spambot. There was just a single player using Cybershape in the last 5 tournaments I played this year.

More nonsense from another (or the same) Stiga marketing spambot. There was just a single player using Cybershape in the last 5 tournaments I played this year.

Well most players already have a contract and switching blade is a huge thing on the highest level. I thing Stiga has has something going here but it's nowhere as big as some people claims. Anyway if nothing else its still a pretty cool looking blade...
But honestly I much prefer SDC.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: damszelfly
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Well most players already have a contract and switching blade is a huge thing on the highest level. I thing Stiga has has something going here but it's nowhere as big as some people claims. Anyway if nothing else its still a pretty cool looking blade...
But honestly I much prefer SDC.

Cheers
L-zr

Of course. I was primarily talking about amateurs the majority of whom see it as nothing but a gimmick.

Reactions: lodro and Lazer
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
It is no Gimmick,?!? I can throw that thing on the Floor and it magically bounces back in my Hands without a scratch,at least 16% of the time which is alot!
That alone is worth it!

This is why Truls likes Cybershape so much😂

Reactions: Haraold and Lazer
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
It is no Gimmick,?!? I can throw that thing on the Floor and it magically bounces back in my Hands without a scratch,at least 16% of the time which is alot!
That alone is worth it!

It is worth it ??????
What are you talking about ???
These are horrible figures , 16%
I could show you a video where I throw a ping pong ball to the floor 100 times it it bounced back everytime AND
the ball is much cheaper than the cybershape miracle.
You might have to re-think here 😁😁😁

Reactions: Haraold
after having seen that blde being thrown to the floor repeatedly, i can't help thinking that the pro player also think it is a gimmick 😁

You forgot what it’s like to be young…😉

Cheers
L-zr

• Haha
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

You should smash a Guitar onstage just for the catharsis,but be sure it is an air guitar,makes it even cheaper than a polyball.
And remember Plastik is not good for the planet as was celluloid.🎸

I am not a "planet saver".
Everything is cyclic and the planet is simply in the process of cleansing itself of all the crap that has accumulated over
the last few centuries.
I am a very keen air guitar player myself but when it comes to smashing things on stage it has to be the real
thing. It is difficult to beat Pete Townsend , the King of the guitar smashers 🤣

P.S. I do own a few air-blades . Often my opponents will smash a ball back at me
and I try to block it or reply with an elegant BH wrist flick but when i use one of my air-blades I always have to go and pick up the ball.

Last edited:

fair comment, once you are over 70 being young is a looooooong way from home.
I am looking forward to the next round already 😆

I’m not that far behind and I remember breaking several blades…
Truls was throwing blades way before the hex blade..

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.

I am not a "planet saver".
Everything is cyclic and the planet is simply in the process of cleansing itself of all the crap that has accumulated over
the last few centuries.
I am a very keen air guitar player myself but when it comes to smashing things on stage it has to be the real
thing. It is difficult to beat Pete Townsend , the King of the guitar smashers 🤣

P.S. I do own a few air-blades . Often my opponents will smash a ball back at me
and I try to block it or reply with an elegant BH wrist flick but when i use one of my air-blades I always have to go and pick up the ball.

You mean if we destroy the earth it simply comes back in a cicle?
Awesome,well then **** the Earth....
Don´t smash your air guitar to hard,they cost a shitload of money😏

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

I 've had many Stiga, Donic and butterfly blades. And Cybershape is by far the best blade I've ever tried.
I like the Wood Feeling "Carbon Inner", stifness, control and speed. And of course, maybe the main reason because it fits my game style.
If other brand makes another improvement in the blade, why not to try it?
Release a new shape to the market has some risks of course, but Stiga took it and it works 🏓
PS: I'm not sponsored by Stiga 🤣

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

You mean if we destroy the earth it simply comes back in a cicle?
Awesome,well then **** the Earth....
Don´t smash your air guitar to hard,they cost a shitload of money😏

Maybe it is a matter of semantics.
I am looking at it from the point of view that when finally we have no more water to drink and can't
grow anymore food, When it might simply become too hot for anything to exist and even if we destroy everything
by nuking the planet, it only affects the very outer crust of the planet. The planet itself does not need saving
it will be around for a long time.

This user has no status.
Maybe it is a matter of semantics.
I am looking at it from the point of view that when finally we have no more water to drink and can't
grow anymore food, When it might simply become too hot for anything to exist and even if we destroy everything
by nuking the planet, it only affects the very outer crust of the planet. The planet itself does not need saving
it will be around for a long time.

No not really we agree,but we all need to save the earth before Truls throws his Cybershape so hard that the earth shatters.

• Haha
Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp