What is STIGA Cybershape?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
My guess is that the outer ply is limba since Stiga seems to favor limba. But who knows?

Is this blade for sale to the USA yet?
If the Cybershape is the same or very similar to the Inspira then it should be Koto outer but with this dyed and possibly heat treated outer ply it's kinda hard to tell. Koto and Ayous are not so ovciously different for an outer ply by look. If you dye it in some color it's super difficult to tell.
I would rule out lima actually, though you are right that Stiga heavily favors limba outer ply.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Your chop block will go to the next level with Cybershape :D jk but I think it suits Truls game very well as he like to punch with BH and slap the ball with FH, the bigger sweet spot seems to help.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Koto and Ayous are not so ovciously different for an outer ply by look.
If a photo is of a decent enough quality for you to see the grain clearly, you should be able to tell the difference between Koto and Limba if you know what you are looking at (or what you are looking for).Koto has long grain that lines up fairly close and fairly parallel to each other and should be able to be the full length of the blade face from handle to top. Limba, the grain is shorter, spaced farther apart, it should have some slight or sometimes larger wave or curl patterns in it (so the grains will not be quite parallel to each other) and the spacing appears to be more random where, on one spot the grain will be closer together and in another spot the grain will have gaps and be spaced further apart.

Also, when Koto is said to have "Fish Scale" patterned grain, that is just that the wood has been quarter sawn rather than the regular cut. Usually quarter sawn cuts of Limba don't seem to be used in making blades. I am not sure why.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
If a photo is of a decent enough quality for you to see the grain clearly, you should be able to tell the difference between Koto and Limba if you know what you are looking at (or what you are looking for).Koto has long grain that lines up fairly close and fairly parallel to each other and should be able to be the full length of the blade face from handle to top. Limba, the grain is shorter, spaced farther apart, it should have some slight or sometimes larger wave or curl patterns in it (so the grains will not be quite parallel to each other) and the spacing appears to be more random where, on one spot the grain will be closer together and in another spot the grain will have gaps and be spaced further apart.

Also, when Koto is said to have "Fish Scale" patterned grain, that is just that the wood has been quarter sawn rather than the regular cut. Usually quarter sawn cuts of Limba don't seem to be used in making blades. I am not sure why.

Yes, you are right, but I was not comparing Koto and Limba, I meant Koto and Ayous for thin top ply. And if they are dyed in some color that doesn't help a lot either.
Koto and Limba are fairly easy to tell apart.

I've seen Ayous top plies that tricked me to believe it's Koto. The Hurricane Ji blade apparently has Ayous top ply on one side but on many photos it looks very much like Koto and even on Chinese forums it was a debate what it is.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
finally it has arrived. i ordered this some week ago and now it's here. i'm so anxious to test it. maybe it will be to fast for me but hope i can control it. i will glue it today and practice with it tomorrow in my club. for sure many want to try it then. maybe i can make same strokes like truls 😋
my%20cybershape%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Haven't seen the match against Timo yet, but please don't tell me he won again with that cheezy play that he did against Lim Jonghoon.
Lim should've mopped the floor with him, but he literally turned into Hao Shuai after a few cheezy plays.

It was different. It was tight. Last 2 sets he was the better player.

Pitty for TB, I'd wish he wins it whole. Was in great shape and injury or whatever comes...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
It was different. It was tight. Last 2 sets he was the better player.

Pitty for TB, I'd wish he wins it whole. Was in great shape and injury or whatever comes...

I see, yeah if it was proper play it's OK, I don't mind Truls winning at all, just not like against Lim. That felt weird...

Shame for Timo, he had a good chance, good draw, but I saw he was struggling with his waist. It's really too bad.
Too bad for Lim Jonghoon too, he was flying and even in doubles he's flying. Dunno what juice he's drinking but get me some. I think he would've played a good game with FZD, an entertaining one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Too bad for Lim Jonghoon too, he was flying and even in doubles he's flying. Dunno what juice he's drinking but get me some. I think he would've played a good game with FZD, an entertaining one.

Absolutely, very impressive against LYU. He's great to watch. The loss to TM must felt soo bitter. Against FZD, well, perhaps it would be good, but imho, very very little chance. I better shut up now.

Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Why is cybershape only available on stiga website. Usually other new products go on sale at table tennis11, dandoy or paddle palace etc. What is the problem this time?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
finally it has arrived. i ordered this some week ago and now it's here. i'm so anxious to test it. maybe it will be to fast for me but hope i can control it. i will glue it today and practice with it tomorrow in my club. for sure many want to try it then. maybe i can make same strokes like truls 😋
my%20cybershape%20jpg.jpeg

How's the new weapon ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012

If you are wondering it might be to fast, I wonder why did you order 2,3 mm sponge rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
The copy is something i will buy for sure :D
i hope i find them on the internet xD