What is STIGA Cybershape?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
What is this new thing that STIGA is marketing, Cybershape?

The picture on their story today looked really cool. A guy in some kind of space suit or something. The hand was censored so my guess its a blade or rubber. Patent Pending as well apparently.

Some kind of new technology? What do you think? Anyone have any inside information?

251334982_5024079377661910_2348377196554320805_n.jpg

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
A product that's likely made up of 3 components.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
https://www.stigasports.com/eu/cybershape-carbon-cybershape-carbon€219,90From the description:

Not only does it boast a unique and impressive shape, it’s also 5% larger than a classic blade. Our studies have shown that, for the majority of players, the optimal hitting area lies on the top half of the blade. That’s why we’ve optimised the hitting area to be 11% larger for the shakehand grip and 9% larger for the penhold grip compared to a traditional blade. One of the special features of Cybershape is that, during returns, the hitting area is as much as 6.5 cm closer to the table compared with 2.5 cm for a round blade. Since the majority of strokes of a professional player (both backhand and forehand) are made on the top half of the racket, it is precisely here that Cybershape excels....By means of the lightweight and technologically advanced, German-made carbon fibre composite, we were able to offset its weight, so although Cyberspace has a larger surface area than a regular blade, it is not heavier....The frequency response is also more linear, which means that the vibrations are transported differently to the handle and hand....Reflective lens that alternates between purple and blue depending on the angle.

Maybe I grab some sandpaper and files and reshape one of my blades that way to see if that "creates a completely new feel during play"... that way at least some weight should be saved ;)

• Haha
Reactions: lodro