What is STIGA Cybershape?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Why? It might actually bring more customers to Stiga if people like this shape. Not everyone wants to commit to a 220EUR blade before they tried it. They might commit first to a 40EUR one and later upgrade to Stiga. Granted for this the shape needs to be liked and I'm assuming the Chinese clones won't be better...

Also in this sport everyone is copying everyone, even big brands do it all the time so in this regard it would be very controversial.

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
I'm curious to know, from anyone that glued rubbers onto this blade, if it's easier or harder to cut the rubbers for this blade.

I suspect it will be harder if you use a knife, because the corners will be harder to get the knife around smoothly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

How's the new weapon ?

it is great, but i only got to play with it one training so far then i got sick :( i hope i can be back at the table next week, then i will try to give an report :) but it was very nice to play with it, feelt a bit different in the begining but after a while i did not think about the shape. i will try to make a small report next week i fyo uare interested :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

i think its more advantages then disadvantages. a big success!

I'm sure it will be to many people - but my post was about these points:

• Cybershape is not a feeling blade. In the neck area it needs rigid material that is why this Stiga blade is made of 6.2 mm thick 7 ply composite.
  • Also important that with this blade the you will lack heavy spins from further from the table.
If your game is based on mid distance to away from the table and heavy spin it might not be the blade for you. So probably not a good match for me - I wouldn't buy one anyway as I think it looks ugly, but thats me personally. I am glad though Sitga are trying something different thats good for the game.

I thought it was interesting highlighting the disadvantages as most of the talk/descriptions so far has been from Stiga so heavily marketing focused - and they are not going to mention what its not good at.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Truls Möregårdh really have had a strong performance ever since changing to Cybershape!

Truls started using Cybershape on the first of November, the first day STIGA released it. He then played his first match with Cybershape and DNA Platinum on the 2nd of November in the Swedish National Table Tennis League, Pingisligan by STIGA, when his Eslövs AI BTK defeated Munkedals BTK with 4-2. Truls won both his matches against Simon Söderlund (3-0) and Padasak Tanviriyavechakul from Thailand with 3-1.

He then played Champions League with Cybershape on the 5th of November when his Polish club K.S. Dekorglass Dzialdowo lost against FC Saarbrücken of Germany. Truls was the only one who won his match, defeating Patrick Franziska with 3-2.

He then played another Champions League match on the 6th, defeating Rafael Cabrera with 3-0. Followed by another match on the 7th, defeating Michael Maze with 3-0.

His first official tournament, and the only tournament before the World Championships was WTT Contender Novo Mesto in Slovenia between the 11-14 of November. Truls won against Tomislov Pucar in the first round with 3-0, before losing to Wang Chuqin in the round of 16.

And as we know, during the World Championships, he defeated only under 50 ranked players – Ahmed Saleh, Chuang Chih-Yuan, Patrick Franziska, Lim Jonghoon, Quadri Aruna and finally Timo Boll.

Summarized, since Truls changed to Cybershape Carbon, he has only lost two matches, one against Wang Chuqin and one against Fan Zhendong in the final of the World Championships, playing a total of 18 matches, two tournaments, including a World Championships.

Very promising also to see additional players changing to Cybershape such as Jon Persson, Stina Källberg, Benjamin Brossier and Alex Naumi.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
He is an excellent actor. I agree with that. An actor who can play successfully with any equipment.

Haha, such a troll. He was 77 in the world before, he became second at the world championships with Cybershape. I think its safe to say it improved his game by a hell of a lot. You are just trolling us.