What is STIGA Cybershape?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Still can't find it in USA.

I think I heard somewhere that the store release is early next year, so if Stigasports website don't ship to US it shouldn't be to long before you can buy it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
One thing I don't think was mentioned so far by anyone is that Truls has a very unique grip. The cybershape has shorter wing width and may allow Truls to wrap his finger around the wings. Not sure if this has any benefit to him but it's a point I thought I should mention. Also not sure how this shorter wing is affecting normal grips.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
One thing I don't think was mentioned so far by anyone is that Truls has a very unique grip. The cybershape has shorter wing width and may allow Truls to wrap his finger around the wings. Not sure if this has any benefit to him but it's a point I thought I should mention. Also not sure how this shorter wing is affecting normal grips.

This is something I was going to mention. Truls has a very unique grip, he holds the blade like a spoon and his hand doesn't touch the wings. The cyber shape has shorter and more inclined wings, but it doesn't affect him because his hand never touches the wings anyway. I have a high grip, I like to feel my hand touching the wings, so this blade feels very weird to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014

This is something I was going to mention. Truls has a very unique grip, he holds the blade like a spoon and his hand doesn't touch the wings. The cyber shape has shorter and more inclined wings, but it doesn't affect him because his hand never touches the wings anyway. I have a high grip, I like to feel my hand touching the wings, so this blade feels very weird to me.

Its also used by Jon Persson, Stina Källberg and Benjamin Brossier. All of them holds the racket "normal", so clearly workable for normal grip as well.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

Its also used by Jon Persson, Stina Källberg and Benjamin Brossier. All of them holds the racket "normal", so clearly workable for normal grip as well.

Clearly it is, but I didn't say it wasn't, I just said it feels weird to me, so some adjustment may be needed to others as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

All paid actors? I suspect so.

So what exactly are you saying? Do you think that Ahmed Saleh, Chuang Chih-Yuan, Patrick Franziska, Lim Jonghoon, Quadri Aruna and Timo Boll all conspired in some scheme? That's a lot of people to cast aspersions on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
All I am saying is that the superiority of this blade over carbonado 190 (Truls's previous blade) has not been demonstrated conclusively. Most would agree that had Truls used his old blade or switched to Viscaria, the result would have been the same (+/-). He did have a couple of close calls in two games.

As far as I can tell, the players who adopted the blade are sponsored by Stiga. Yes, they are paid €€ to promote Stiga's equipment. Not all of them won medals BTW.

I would guess that the blade is not dramatically different in performance to other major blades. I doubt that it is objectively better. If it is better then we will see massive adoption by non-Stiga-sponsored players very soon. I sincerely doubt that we will.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
All I am saying is that the superiority of this blade over carbonado 190 (Truls's previous blade) has not been demonstrated conclusively. Most would agree that had Truls used his old blade or switched to Viscaria, the result would have been the same (+/-). He did have a couple of close calls in two games.

As far as I can tell, the players who adopted the blade are sponsored by Stiga. Yes, they are paid €€ to promote Stiga's equipment. Not all of them won medals BTW.

I would guess that the blade is not dramatically different in performance to other major blades. I doubt that it is objectively better. If it is better then we will see massive adoption by non-Stiga-sponsored players very soon. I sincerely doubt that we will.

I guess it does drop in some ratio on both sides.

Does the blade have the control and speed of the same construction blade with normal shape? Very likely it does. Is it magical? Definitely not. Does it swing better since it has moved centre of weight? Maybe. Does it have larger sweet spot? Perhaps. Are there not Stiga sponsored profesionals who plays it? Not yet. Would Stiga players play with it even it would be worse? I guess not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014

Obviously other professional players are sponsored by other brands. That is why they are not able to use the blade.. all players ranked top 100 in the world have a sponsor. If they change to Cybershape, the other brands, Donic, Tibhar etc would cancel their contracts/money. Naive to think anything else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014

I guess it does drop in some ratio on both sides.

Does the blade have the control and speed of the same construction blade with normal shape? Very likely it does. Is it magical? Definitely not. Does it swing better since it has moved centre of weight? Maybe. Does it have larger sweet spot? Perhaps. Are there not Stiga sponsored profesionals who plays it? Not yet. Would Stiga players play with it even it would be worse? I guess not.

All other professional players are sponsored by other brands... Otherwise I think we would see a big change. I see many lower, non-sponsored players now changing to Cybershape.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Look....it might be a fine blade. Blades with oversized heads (larger hitting area) feel really nice. But equipment is not actually all that important in Table Tennis. Certainly not as important as many amateurs seem to think it is. Training, doing the work, are much more of what gets you to improve and play at a higher level. But, when a specific player is happy with what they are using, from a psychological standpoint, that still has its usefulness. So, if you got yourself a CyberShape and you are happy with it and it gives you a feeling of more confidence, I think that is great. But that does not mean the blade will have the same impact for someone else.

Reactions: latej and Dream2K