What is STIGA Cybershape?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

I am glad that you are the first to spot such a trend. LOL.
Maybe you should work for Stiga's ad department.

I don't know bro. There are some other posts and threads on just this forum from different random players using it, so would not say he is totally off. Its not available where I'm from so have not seen anyone using it live yet.

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
One interesting thing I noticed about this blade while watching Truls' matches is that it sounds really nice. On his strong hits and on his flat hits it just sounds very "healthy".
These thinner ALC blades like Viscaria sound almost like they are broken and have a strange pitch/tone.
I noticed that too before especially when I was playing in a smaller room during early covid lockdown times.

Anyways I wouldn't say it's because of the shape even if Stiga did say some resonation or vibration blabla in their marketing. My Eucrasia sounds very similar, which is why I noticed this while I was watching some of Truls matches. The Cybershape and Eucrasia have almost the same composition and thickness, but their head shape is obviously different.

When I was a kid I remember some pro players picked their blade based on their sound. Like they hit the handle on their head and some other weird test methods.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I made the switch to Stiga Cybershape "Penhold" 6 months ago. I used Stiga Dynasty and Dynasty XuXin before.
I really like using this blade, and the control I gained. I use STIGA DNA Dragon Grip 2.3 mm on both sides.
So far so good 😍

Victor,

You're serve looks really intimidating to receive. Can you give some advice on how to return a serve like that? (the speed, the spin, the difficulty reading, the low bounce)

Also, did you practice everyday since you were a child? How do you get to be this level? Are you near the level of Kanak Jha? or is there still a big gap?

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

Victor,

You're serve looks really intimidating to receive. Can you give some advice on how to return a serve like that? (the speed, the spin, the difficulty reading, the low bounce)

Also, did you practice everyday since you were a child? How do you get to be this level? Are you near the level of Kanak Jha? or is there still a big gap?

Hey Michael 👋, against Kanak Jha is not a Big Gap, maybe a Huge Gap 😄🏓
I started training from the age of 10, and then stopped after college for almost 10 years, and now 3 years ago I started training hard again after work. We will see how far I can go 😊
About, serves you can make a lot of variations. I'm still learning about to make the same motion and put under, top or no spin to annoy my opponent. You have to watch the contact point between the paddle and ball.
And then, during the match if you can't read it, because stress, rush, etc. Remember that motion for that serve for the next time, and then make the adjustments.
Take care, and keep training 👋

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Hey Michael 👋, against Kanak Jha is not a Big Gap, maybe a Huge Gap 😄🏓
I started training from the age of 10, and then stopped after college for almost 10 years, and now 3 years ago I started training hard again after work. We will see how far I can go 😊
About, serves you can make a lot of variations. I'm still learning about to make the same motion and put under, top or no spin to annoy my opponent. You have to watch the contact point between the paddle and ball.
And then, during the match if you can't read it, because stress, rush, etc. Remember that motion for that serve for the next time, and then make the adjustments.
Take care, and keep training 👋

What was your training like from age 10 on?

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Do you think you're about the same level as TTD Dan? Dan looks really consistent, and your shots look a bit more powerful.
Michael, before Dan's back injury in about 2009, he was top 50 in UK: back then, he was probably about 2500+.

Someone who used to be high level, who had an injury and mainly plays for fun, in a match he could likely up his level beyond what you have seen in video footage if he really wanted to.

Worth understanding.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Michael, before Dan's back injury in about 2009, he was top 50 in UK: back then, he was probably about 2500+.

Someone who used to be high level, who had an injury and mainly plays for fun, in a match he could likely up his level beyond what you have seen in video footage if he really wanted to.

Worth understanding.

Cool, I had no idea where Dan would stand in UK or world or anything. But when I see Dan play against the top pros like Samsonov, I find that his shot quality doesn't seem to be far worse. He is able to hang in the rallies and such. But actually I think he faces some of the same issues that I face against the 2000 player, which is the pace of the setup game is a little faster than he is used to.

So just from looking at shot quality (which probably doesn't tell the story), Dan doesn't seem so much worse than to pros. And Victor doesn't seem worse than Dan. But I'm mostly just talking about offensive shot quality, rather than the setup and reading of the game.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Cool, I had no idea where Dan would stand in UK or world or anything. But when I see Dan play against the top pros like Samsonov, I find that his shot quality doesn't seem to be far worse. He is able to hang in the rallies and such. But actually I think he faces some of the same issues that I face against the 2000 player, which is the pace of the setup game is a little faster than he is used to.

So just from looking at shot quality (which probably doesn't tell the story), Dan doesn't seem so much worse than to pros. And Victor doesn't seem worse than Dan. But I'm mostly just talking about offensive shot quality, rather than the setup and reading of the game.
I have posted stuff before about how, from watching video, it is very hard to tell things like level: especially if you are not seeing someone play a real match where they are actually being challenged by someone at a comparable level.

Reactions: VictorMoraga