What is STIGA Cybershape?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Has anyone tried this with pips yet? There's a video of a HK coach using long pip, I wonder if short pip would be nice on it.
Did you end up getting to try Cybershape with short Pips?

I use Razka PO on the FH, and I am exceptionally interested in how the shape may lend itself to more 'ledges(/corners)' through which to attack/flat, especially given Truls has a perchant for flat hitting / countering - the bat seems to lend itself to that play / executing those shots. A regulation blade has just the 4 sweet spots, roughly ~2cm from each corner of the racquet, through which you want to be hitting your flat hits (or all your shots, really).

Combined with how Truls has enhanced his ability to block creatively, upset rhythm through his touch on his strokes and punch through blocks, I'm thinking the Cybershape potentially is even better for pips, and can see how they'd enhance both the FH pips and BH smooth rubber - his creative push (i.e. chops/block/attack style of disruption).

It would be quite interesting, as Falck's [Razka PO] and Truls [Cybershape] are both Swedish - I never thought I'd be subject to the Swedish influence, let alone marrying them together.

Reactions: damszelfly
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
A week ago bought Stiga Cybershape [FL] with Dignics 09C [max, red] and Dignics 05 [max, black] on it. It's all new, seller maked this racket for buyer, but buyer cancel order at the last moment, so I got a nice discount on this racket...

Blade:
Blade kinda match with my playing style, it's good for flat hits and block (great speed and control), not so good for looping continiously, but for a few top-spins it's ok, especcially on BH... I think it's mainly because IMO blade didn't have much dwell-time. As for shape, IMO it didn't affect my game at all, only a weight balance a bit "in the head" kinda make it easier to loop from BH, but I played a normal shaped rackets with the same kinda effect, so...

Rubber experience:
Never played Dignics before, and actually was avoiding to deal with butterfly blades and rubbers for a few years (they price policy kinda "rub me the wrong way"), but it's just happend this time, and I'm glad it did... I very much enjoed 09C on the FH, it's just felt right for me, no cons, and in pros is control of course... 05 on the BH was questionable for me, I need to adjust my technique to make it controllable, basically I need to stop playing with open blade, secondally all movement needs to be forward, if I try to move a bit more upwards, then ball probably goes over the table, this rubber (at least with this blade) if you do forward movement with closed racket still gives a nice arc, and ball goes in to the table on the opponent side, that is very new expierience for me, because if I do this with my other racket (Joola Vyzaryz Trinity with Dynaryz AGR max on both sides) the ball will be in the net, I often need to open my racket more and make more upward movement to create enough arc for ball to go over the net... also had trouble with playing with defenders with 05 on my BH, especcialy when them gave me balls without spin and speed when I unable to do topspin on them, with my other racket I simply carefully push the ball back to my opponent, but with 05 on BH of Cybershape I was struggling to do it, my push often goes too high and/or too far, no control, so I even kinda get mad over one of thouse matches and taked off 05 from Cybershape, I put Dynaryz AGR 2.0 in exchange... and, it was mega-failure, Dynaryz AGR is just terrible match for Cybershape, no control on any element, it's just don't have any dwell-time at all, I even switched to my other racket after only one match at the first tournament I tried to play Cybershape with Dynaryz rubber, and at the evening I put Dignics 05 back on Cybershape, apparently they actually a good match for each other, so trying to adapt my technique for it, and it kinda works already, yesterday won the tournament, and there were only a few mistakes "because of the 05"...

And, if someone interested, a video of my game playing with it (final of the tournament, it was only second day I was playing Cybershape, so it was even before I taked Dignics 05 off the blade...):

A week ago bought Stiga Cybershape [FL] with Dignics 09C [max, red] and Dignics 05 [max, black] on it. It's all new, seller maked this racket for buyer, but buyer cancel order at the last moment, so I got a nice discount on this racket...

Blade:
Blade kinda match with my playing style, it's good for flat hits and block (great speed and control), not so good for looping continiously, but for a few top-spins it's ok, especcially on BH... I think it's mainly because IMO blade didn't have much dwell-time. As for shape, IMO it didn't affect my game at all, only a weight balance a bit "in the head" kinda make it easier to loop from BH, but I played a normal shaped rackets with the same kinda effect, so...

Rubber experience:
Never played Dignics before, and actually was avoiding to deal with butterfly blades and rubbers for a few years (they price policy kinda "rub me the wrong way"), but it's just happend this time, and I'm glad it did... I very much enjoed 09C on the FH, it's just felt right for me, no cons, and in pros is control of course... 05 on the BH was questionable for me, I need to adjust my technique to make it controllable, basically I need to stop playing with open blade, secondally all movement needs to be forward, if I try to move a bit more upwards, then ball probably goes over the table, this rubber (at least with this blade) if you do forward movement with closed racket still gives a nice arc, and ball goes in to the table on the opponent side, that is very new expierience for me, because if I do this with my other racket (Joola Vyzaryz Trinity with Dynaryz AGR max on both sides) the ball will be in the net, I often need to open my racket more and make more upward movement to create enough arc for ball to go over the net... also had trouble with playing with defenders with 05 on my BH, especcialy when them gave me balls without spin and speed when I unable to do topspin on them, with my other racket I simply carefully push the ball back to my opponent, but with 05 on BH of Cybershape I was struggling to do it, my push often goes too high and/or too far, no control, so I even kinda get mad over one of thouse matches and taked off 05 from Cybershape, I put Dynaryz AGR 2.0 in exchange... and, it was mega-failure, Dynaryz AGR is just terrible match for Cybershape, no control on any element, it's just don't have any dwell-time at all, I even switched to my other racket after only one match at the first tournament I tried to play Cybershape with Dynaryz rubber, and at the evening I put Dignics 05 back on Cybershape, apparently they actually a good match for each other, so trying to adapt my technique for it, and it kinda works already, yesterday won the tournament, and there were only a few mistakes "because of the 05"...

And, if someone interested, a video of my game playing with it (final of the tournament, it was only second day I was playing Cybershape, so it was even before I taked Dignics 05 off the blade...):
I am currently using R53 on my forehand and Dynaryz AGR on the backhand and I can tell you that the AGR is quite good on the backhand side. Tried on my Forehand, but feels softer than R53 and does not like this feel to be on my forehand side.
But I cannot say anything bad for AGR on Cybershape Carbon.

Coming also from Trinity. A way better control

I am currently using R53 on my forehand and Dynaryz AGR on the backhand and I can tell you that the AGR is quite good on the backhand side. Tried on my Forehand, but feels softer than R53 and does not like this feel to be on my forehand side.
But I cannot say anything bad for AGR on Cybershape Carbon.

Coming also from Trinity. A way better control
Thanks for a opinion, maybe try AGR sometime again... for now I settled for Tenergy 19 on my BH on my main Cybershape, but it has it's cons, it's kinda too simple for my opponents, it's doesn't have much power and speed, and it's has very predictable trajectory, still for the pros it's just very consistent and controllable in everything... on my second Cybershape I have Dignics 09C on both sides, and it's actually great for BH (very powerful and unpredictable trajectory for opponents, especcially after hitting the table), but for me it's too hard for BH, on counter looping it's amazing, but when opponent gives me slow passive ball It's deadly for me...

I dont't think Trinity has less control, it's just much faster and powerfull, and overall I think Trinity is much better blade, but Cybershape is just suit me more, mostly because it's godly performance with flat attack play...

Also tried DNA Platinum M and Glayzer 09C on BH of Cybershape... Platinum M was very nice, but only for 2 months, then it's suddenly "died", it's just became like a pillow, so for it's price I decided to try something else... Glayzer 09C is very good on flat attack and block, but it's kinda lame on looping, eventually I became so frustrated with it that I tore it off the blade immediatly after losing one of the matches...

Trinity is sharper, harder, and faster. 1528hz vs 1430 (Cybershape is close to Franziska). But what I want on Cybershape is that 53-degree rubber that feels like 45, softer and controllable.
On my second Cybershape, ST, there will be 09c on Forehand and Rakza PO short pips on the backhand. Already tried and it is amazing, just has to be used to play with Short pips which is a completely other game.
Thanks for a opinion, maybe try AGR sometime again... for now I settled for Tenergy 19 on my BH on my main Cybershape, but it has it's cons, it's kinda too simple for my opponents, it's doesn't have much power and speed, and it's has very predictable trajectory, still for the pros it's just very consistent and controllable in everything... on my second Cybershape I have Dignics 09C on both sides, and it's actually great for BH (very powerful and unpredictable trajectory for opponents, especcially after hitting the table), but for me it's too hard for BH, on counter looping it's amazing, but when opponent gives me slow passive ball It's deadly for me...

I dont't think Trinity has less control, it's just much faster and powerfull, and overall I think Trinity is much better blade, but Cybershape is just suit me more, mostly because it's godly performance with flat attack play...

Also tried DNA Platinum M and Glayzer 09C on BH of Cybershape... Platinum M was very nice, but only for 2 months, then it's suddenly "died", it's just became like a pillow, so for it's price I decided to try something else... Glayzer 09C is very good on flat attack and block, but it's kinda lame on looping, eventually I became so frustrated with it that I tore it off the blade immediatly after losing one of the matches...
er,

Yesterday at the local tournament I tried different weights (CWT) with my Cybershape Truls Edition, they influence quite noticeably ... As a result, I liked two options, 3 gramms (total racket weight 189) and 6 gramms (total racket weight of 192).

The weight of 3 gramms gives more control on short game, block and active game with BH close to the table and on the table, as if the wrist motion is easier to do and it is faster... The weight of 6 gramms gives more power, primarily on FH, but it's easier to play more powerful on the BH too... so you can vary whitch weight to use according to the opponent play... For example IMO if oppenent is defender it's better to use weight of 3 gramms, yesterday was losing 0-2 to a defender, then I replaced weights from 6 to 3 and I won that match 3-2... There were other matches where I changed weights and it's affected the results, eventually I won all the matches...

I tried the weight of 9 gramms only during the warm-up before tournament, I somehow not liked it very much, it didn’t add much power compared to 6 gramms, but the control is worse and my the arm gets tired very quiqly... I didn’t try blade without any weights either, because I don't think I like it, with a weight of 3 gramms, the racket is already perceived quite light, I think without any weights it will feel too light and uncomfortable for me... But I’ll try again of course, yesterday it was just interesting to understand the most relevant options for myself...

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Just wondered what other rubbers people have been liking on the Cybershape - I have DNA pro H both sides. Im thinking of maybe trying something a little softer on BH - but dont know if pro M will be too pingy. I think DNA H and the cybershape is a great combo of pace and control - but does have a unique feel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just wondered what other rubbers people have been liking on the Cybershape - I have DNA pro H both sides. Im thinking of maybe trying something a little softer on BH - but dont know if pro M will be too pingy. I think DNA H and the cybershape is a great combo of pace and control - but does have a unique feel.
Why not your Glayzer tubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Why not your Glayzer tubbers?
I may try them - well certainly Glayzer but probably not G09c its really not that spiny and/or fast - im not sure I like it that much really, but just regular Glayzer is nice. I do have a spare uncut R45 I might try but think it might be a bit bouncy. Though I can play with D09c/G09c - i think im personally better of without the hybrid style.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I may try them - well certainly Glayzer but probably not G09c its really not that spiny and/or fast - im not sure I like it that much really, but just regular Glayzer is nice. I do have a spare uncut R45 I might try but think it might be a bit bouncy. Though I can play with D09c/G09c - i think im personally better of without the hybrid style.
The Cybershape is a pretty fast blade when you hit hard, but definitely, use whatever you prefer. I haven't tried the Glayzers, but they sound like blade speed dampeners lol. I wouldn't be surprised to find they were in the GT range, but I do like GT when I go for it, but it definitely is not the fastest.

Reactions: jammmail
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
The Cybershape is a pretty fast blade when you hit hard, but definitely, use whatever you prefer. I haven't tried the Glayzers, but they sound like blade speed dampeners lol. I wouldn't be surprised to find they were in the GT range, but I do like GT when I go for it, but it definitely is not the fastest.
G09C and GT share a lot of the stable and predictable behavior that a hard sponge provides, but G09C is much safer and tamer in my experience.

Reactions: NextLevel