What is STIGA Cybershape?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Chester Barnes blade from 60's and 70's springs to mind ...

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
The blade may not be heavier, but when you put two rubbers on 9% more surface area, that kind of has to be heavier, no?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
The blade may not be heavier, but when you put two rubbers on 9% more surface area, that kind of has to be heavier, no?

only the upper half that is 11% bigger, where you want to hit the ball. bottom is smaller. I think I saw they said 5% bigger in total. I guess the solved the weight with the construction (carbon/Wood). I feel excited about it.

Reactions: Theo21
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Imagine the look on the face of your opponents when you turn up at the table with this blade with colored rubber. 😂

R.E.M. prophesied this moment back in 1987:

It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine

Reactions: Lazer
says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019

R.E.M. prophesied this moment back in 1987:

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine

Nah, you walk in with that blade + a yellow rubber(ye I know not an approved color yet)

and start blasting BLACK AND YELLOW, gotta style on the opponent loose or loose

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Looks like Elon Musk invested in Stiga. I'm having cybertruck vibes looking at this blade and not cyberpunk 2077.
But honestly I don't really look forward seeing a blade like this with pink or whatever colored rubbers.
I see a combination of both worlds, the sharp edges and name from Cybertruck, and the neon colors and Blade runner feel from Cyberpunk 2077. Got to hand it to them, they have nailed the marketing and branding.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Looks like it's head-heavy.

i think that is just an illusion that its head-heavy. i trust stiga that they have found a good balance of the blade.

Are you really saying this about the company that tried to make Head Heavy marketable with the WRB handle (super duper hollow handle) and the company where, ALL THEIR BLADES have hollow handles, even the ones that look like the handle is solid. HEAD HEAVY is part of Stiga's MO.
And even if the head is only 5% heavier, a light blade (aprox: 85g) with 95-110 grams of rubber on the head, how could it not be head heavy? So, regardless of your math, Brs is on the right track here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Are you really saying this about the company that tried to make Head Heavy marketable with the WRB handle (super duper hollow handle) and the company where, ALL THEIR BLADES have hollow handles, even the ones that look like the handle is solid. HEAD HEAVY is part of Stiga's MO.

And even if the head is only 5% heavier, a light blade (aprox: 85g) with 95-110 grams of rubber on the head, how could it not be head heavy? So, regardless of your math, Brs is on the right track here.

Heady-heavy or not, still the company with the best blades in terms of feeling and performance.

Reactions: Theo21
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Heady-heavy or not, still the company with the best blades in terms of feeling and performance.

I do like the way a lot of Stiga blades feel. I just don't like how many Stiga blades I have broken. But, I am okay with head heavy. I am okay with middle balanced. I am okay with handle heavy. They will have different qualities. When I get used to a blade and how it performs, none of those things matter to me.

But for sure, Stiga purposely makes their blades head have consistently. They are also the company that made all those Oversized blades where the head was pretty darn big. Like the Clipper Oversized and the Allround Oversized. Those blades felt amazing. But man were they head heavy. :)