What is STIGA Cybershape?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Nope. But replied to a guy who said he would win with a cd case.

Actually, he said "Professionals can beat you with CD plastic case, mobile phone, probably with a car key cover too.
So what's all the fuss about professional winning with strange shaped table tennis blade."

I do know professionals who could be a lot of TTD members with some of the things he mentioned. One guy I know plays with a shoe and is pretty darn good; I different guy I know plays with a block of wood; and yet another can play with a large lollipop and he is darn good playing with that. All of them also play with a cell phone regularly against people who are mid or lower level players.

Could any of these guys beat you with something weird? I have no idea. I would have to know your level and see you play. If you are a decent club level player, nope. But if you are on the lower level side of club player, for sure they can beat you with things that seem ridiculous as a racket.

That being said, the discussion is silly because the point of dajdosta said was, "equipment is not as important as people on TTDaily seem to think it is." It is worth understanding that most of the issue of level is training and playing matches. Not equipment.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The question here is will Moregard use it in world ranking events? That's important if Stiga wants to achieve any commercial success with it and not have it end up being a collector's item. If no pros use it and win something meaningful, why would amateurs buy it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
The question here is will Moregard use it in world ranking events? That's important if Stiga wants to achieve any commercial success with it and not have it end up being a collector's item. If no pros use it and win something meaningful, why would amateurs buy it?
Truls announced in an interview he will use it for Champions League and World Championships in the US.

Reactions: zeio
says Aging is a killer
Easier knife control;

As a full asylum-committed EJ, this looks interesting. For one thing, the rubber fit should look neater. The scissors or knife control will be easier because of the straight edges 😏.

However, achieving a good rubber fit to the blade after regluing and re-installing, that's a different story.
But it will be fun trying 😊

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Doesn't sound different from normal blades.

Jan 2018
From the limited sample, I guess the modes of vibration of Cybershape won't be all that different from normal blades. The frequencies at which those modes vibrate might be different, but the mode shapes should not be that far off.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Makes sense. Would be weird if it did. Probably more of a different feel for the user, than sound. I bet the other TT brands are scratching their head and biting their fingers right now.

What you hear and what you feel are not fully separate. Feel: You feel vibrations from the blade. Sound: you hear vibrations from the blade.

Think about it. :)

However, I have a feeling nobody at any of the companies is worried about this blade even if Stiga is wildly successful with it. It is just one blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
What you hear and what you feel are not fully separate. Feel: You feel vibrations from the blade. Sound: you hear vibrations from the blade.

Think about it. :)

However, I have a feeling nobody at any of the companies is worried about this blade even if Stiga is wildly successful with it. It is just one blade.

Don't forget they have design-protected the shape. That is not that easy to override, and think about it - what other brand would dare be the first follower out with a copy, that would be brand-suicide. If this shape becomes successful, I predict the death of at least two TT brands who will not be able to keep up their profitability.

This is the biggest chess move by a brand in table tennis since... Yeah, I can't think about a bigger one.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
This is the biggest chess move by a brand in table tennis since... Yeah, I can't think about a bigger one.
But haven't others already tried unusual blade shapes? I can't remember who posted it, but someone posted a pic of Damien Eloi with an odd blade somewhere earlier on this thread (or one of the others following the same conversation) in the last day or two.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
But haven't others already tried unusual blade shapes? I can't remember who posted it, but someone posted a pic of Damien Eloi with an odd blade somewhere earlier on this thread (or one of the others following the same conversation) in the last day or two.

That one isn't protected, right? Because I've just made one 😂

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
it has all been said already but for myself i will sum it up:

Even a mediocre tt player like myself has no problem to adjust from one blade to another very quickly.
Even adapting from zlc inner blade to a virtually dead feel TSP Blockman only takes a couple a hundred shots.
A great tt player will adapt to just about any blade and shape very quickly ......................................and remember He/She is being paid to do so.

Things they do to take the money out of our pockets 😁😁