What is STIGA Cybershape?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Don't forget they have design-protected the shape. That is not that easy to override, and think about it - what other brand would dare be the first follower out with a copy, that would be brand-suicide. If this shape becomes successful, I predict the death of at least two TT brands who will not be able to keep up their profitability.

This is the biggest chess move by a brand in table tennis since... Yeah, I can't think about a bigger one.
There was a guy at one point who was an internet troll who posted a blade that was going to revolutionize TT and that soon everyone was going to be using his blade design. LOL. It was funny. And I have a feeling this blade is going to revolutionize the world of TT in about the same way where it won't make a difference or a dent at all.

But you are making me laugh. So, I am wondering if you are trying to troll us or if you are actually serious.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When Stiga comes out with the CyberShape CR, WRB, NCT, VPS version, that will surely take over the market, because NCT alone, WRB alone, CR alone, VPS alone, those did not cut it for nonsense "technological" "developments". But if you add all of them together with this great new shape that everyone is going to be running out to buy, Stiga will definitely cause all the other TT manufacturers to fold and go home.

Does anyone remember the Tube blades where Stiga said they cut little tube channels in the blade and added a special substance in to make the blades play better? How about the "Metal-Wood" blades. Hahahaha. Or the Stiga Carbo 7.6 where they said there were 7 wood plies and 6 carbon layers and and you look and there are two layers of carbon but they say that there is carbon in the glue between all the plies......hahahahahahaha. I think they did something similar with the Clipper CC where they say there is carbon in the glue but it doesn't look like there are any carbon plies.

Did anyone ever compare a Clipper CC to a Clipper CR or a Clipper Classic? :)

Reactions: ttarc
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
When Stiga comes out with the CyberShape CR, WRB, NCT, VPS version, that will surely take over the market, because NCT alone, WRB alone, CR alone, VPS alone, those did not cut it for nonsense "technological" "developments". But if you add all of them together with this great new shape that everyone is going to be running out to buy, Stiga will definitely cause all the other TT manufacturers to fold and go home.

Does anyone remember the Tube blades where Stiga said they cut little tube channels in the blade and added a special substance in to make the blades play better? How about the "Metal-Wood" blades. Hahahaha. Or the Stiga Carbo 7.6 where they said there were 7 wood plies and 6 carbon layers and and you look and there are two layers of carbon but they say that there is carbon in the glue between all the plies......hahahahahahaha. I think they did something similar with the Clipper CC where they say there is carbon in the glue but it doesn't look like there are any carbon plies.

Did anyone ever compare a Clipper CC to a Clipper CR or a Clipper Classic? :)

YEP ! or with other words : "just how desperate can a manufacturer get to create ( what is after all) a pretty perfectly round wheel " 😀

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says [IMG]
I appreciate a good joke and some laughs for sure, but jokes aside, I'm happy to see there is a fresh innovation on equipment. Some of you are already judging without trying out the blade and experience it for yourself. May I remind you, that there have been other innovations which we currently consider as very normal these days? For example: handle size in 19th century was about 50cm vs 10/11 cm now and how about the use of carbon?

Even if it's mostly marketing and this form won't be successful, I'm sure other brands are thinking about the concept behind the design, this very moment.

Personally, I think the success of this form depends on the patent. How long is it valid, how strict is the description and if Stiga is willing to make it available to other vendors at a reasonable price. Adaptation of an innovation can only be achieved if it's embraced by other manufacturers so consumers/players have a choice. (I'm in IT for long a time and I have seen many really great innovations by IBM, but these product designs were not successful because of the strict patent on it and unwillingness of IBM to make it widely available.)

Just my 2 cents....

Reactions: NextLevel
It's a great great shape, just make the upper middle edges a little rounder, maybe I'll ask hipnotic to build me a blade like that....
Its too fast for most buyers, and the price is whoaahh..., I'll think I pass, but the shape... hmmm...

Cheers
L-zr

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

lucky for me the quality of the recording is so bad that i can not even see which of the player is wielding the new weapon, to me they both look like the regular shape.
This of course proves nothing at all, other than maybe shape of a blade does not really matter all that much 😁

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
That opponent is ranked like 100 spots below him in the world ranking so he should beat him.

​​​​​​Still a good sign that a world class player can play matches with it but I still probably wouldn't buy it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
Desperate to get my hands on one but Stiga don't ship to Australia and our local supplier can't get any.

It's definitely a marketing gimmick and there's only a 0.1% chance it takes off. Damn, I still want to give it a try though!

feel pitty for you. i was lucky to get it shipped to turkey. excited to test when it will arrive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

WR#81 beat WR#14 with Cybershape!
That gives hope to all amateur players.
If you are 81st ranked player in your club or league you can beat the players better ranked than your self with this new blade.
DISCLAIMER: That works up to 14th ranked player in your local competition. STIGA doesn't guarantee a win over top 13 players and no refund is available in case of a loss to such opponent. To be able to beat top players follow on social media and wait for new innovative winning design.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Success or not .. marketing gimmick or not .. Over the years, many manufacturers have experimented, but it's mainly with materials, but few have dared to tamper with the basic shape itself. Kudos to Stiga, for daring to try something completely different.. It has to be appreciated.. .. Stiga is the mad-scientist of TT equipment ..

That being said.. it looks weird .. but maybe cause we're not used to seeing this shape.

Also, Stiga claims a larger hitting area spot, but isn't the head-size larger overall ? I mean, wouldn't a larger head-size (irrespective of shape) have a larger hitting-area ? For Example, wouldn't a Timo Boll ALC with larger head-size, have a larger hitting-area, than a normal-sized TB ALC ?

What, I am more interested in (and if this makes any sense at all), is how this shape and size, affects Hand-speed & Stroke Generation (ie the rate at which the blades moves through the air, during strokes).. How does this shape affect strokes such as pushes, blocks, and chops (for defensive play)