What is STIGA Cybershape?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWJbeGoj6AB/

Jon Persson is now also using Cybershape. Just eleven days before the World Championships. He must really believe in the blade. I have placed a order of the blade.
I do love how positive you are in the face of people who think this is not a serious subject.

What makes you feel this the blade and particularly the head shape will be something beneficial? In what ways do you think the head shape make the blade have better playing characteristics?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
I do love how positive you are in the face of people who think this is not a serious subject.

What makes you feel this the blade and particularly the head shape will be something beneficial? In what ways do you think the head shape make the blade have better playing characteristics?

Larger head = Larger sweet spot

says Aging is a killer
This blade in my mind is very similar to those larger face blades that sort of splay out at the forward end
Eg old Barna Hardbat, Matsushita etc. The Matsushita OFF allows for great control. But with 2x sheets of inverted is too heavy for the attack minded player. So is mostly used by defenders as they use light pimple rubber on one side.
The designer has been quite clever with the Cybertshape. It allows for the blade's face to be bigger while keeping the overall weight with rubbers reasonable.
Stiga will have a nice market niche with this blade. That is, for those attack/allround players who like a blade with a large face.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Cybershape: Developed in collaboration with KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
Bug zapper racket: Hold my polygonal zapper.
Thousand-years-old Chinese paddle fan: Stop copying us already. 😎

https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/13600/2
特に興味深いことは、新しいブレード形状によってスイートスポットが広がっただけではなく、スイートスポットがラケット上で5ミリ先端に移動したことだった。これはスイートスポットがラケットのさらに先端にあり、大多数のプレーヤーが最高のストロークを行い、技術的にも客観的にも最適な打球エリアが見つかることを意味している。

打球感に関しては、ボールを打った時に発生するノイズと振動を調査した。ラケットの中心での振動だけでなく、グリップの振動、ラケットの外側や側面の振動についても調査し、これら4つの測定値を組み合わせることで、プレー中に感じる特定の感触をよりよく理解し、厳選された木材の組み合わせと独自の製造プロセスで、スティガ独自のラケットに仕上げた
Of particular interest is the new blade shape not only widens the sweetspot, but also moves the sweetspot 5 mm towards the tip of the blade. This means that the sweetspot is further up the tip of the blade, a location where the majority of players make the best strokes, which implies that it is the most suitable hitting area, both technically and objectively.

Regarding the shot feeling, we investigated the noise and vibration generated when hitting the ball. We investigated not only the vibration at the center of the racket, but also the vibration of the grip and the vibration of the peripheral areas of the racket, and by combining these 4 measurements, we get a better understanding of the specific feeling during play. Stiga's unique blade is finished with a combination of carefully selected wood and a unique manufacturing process.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
In that Italian review they said multiple times it has unbalanced head which probably means it's head heavy.
I guess it could be usable for people that play away from the table or for those who are powerful enough to overcome that heaviness.

Jan 2018
I'm returning the Cybershape.😛
Men's Singles - Round of 16
Sports Hall Tri Lilije | Table 1
Truls MOREGARD 0 12 7 5
WANG Chuqin 3 14 11 11

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
All i want to do is try this, so many blades are the same curious to know how this actually feels, if anything different?