What is STIGA Cybershape?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
All i want to do is try this, so many blades are the same curious to know how this actually feels, if anything different?

There's more to it than just the shape. There's also simply the composition of that blade - an inner carbon (type unspecified), black limba outers (I'd guess), and maybe ayous medials and core - which would put it squarely within the Stiga heritage.

Not to make too fine a point of it, but it may just be interesting if a particular composition would be available in the different head shapes, pretty much like we're used to with handles. (This is of course a nobrainer for custom blade builders, and build-to-order shops like OSP have just that.) Then we could compare, I guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

There's more to it than just the shape. There's also simply the composition of that blade - an inner carbon (type unspecified), black limba outers (I'd guess), and maybe ayous medials and core - which would put it squarely within the Stiga heritage.

Not to make too fine a point of it, but it may just be interesting if a particular composition would be available in the different head shapes, pretty much like we're used to with handles. (This is of course a nobrainer for custom blade builders, and build-to-order shops like OSP have just that.) Then we could compare, I guess.

Not really... You can just get an Inspira, it's obvious by the pics it's the same composition, but this was confirmed by Stiga as well. So, Koto top ply and a Kiri core, not Ayous, with the fiber next to it, not Stiga tradition at all. According to them they have no intention (for now) of making other compositions with this head shape. Doesn't surprise me, put a Ayous core on that baby and it will instantly become too head heavy for most players.

I may have built one already, I will neither confirm or deny it. But, allegedly, it's in fact about the same size as my usual 157x150mm template, just a different weight distribution. Also, allegedly, it immediately feels head heavy in the hand when compared to a regular shape.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Not really... You can just get an Inspira, it's obvious by the pics it's the same composition, but this was confirmed by Stiga as well. So, not a Kiri core with the fiber next to it, not Stiga tradition at all. According to them they have no intention (for now) of making other compositions with this head shape. Doesn't surprise me, put a Ayous core on that baby and it will instantly become too head heavy for most players.

I may have built one already, I will neither confirm or deny it. But, allegedly, it's in fact about the same size as my usual 157x150mm template, just a different weight distribution. Also, allegedly, it immediately feels head heavy in the hand when compared to a regular shape.

Yeah just believe hipnotic he knows what he is talking about.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Just some first impressions.
I have played with Cybershape for one training session and it didn't feel that head heavy at all. Like hipnotic said its feels more like an Inspira blade.
I noticed that the handle seemed to be slightly longer then my sk7 and carbonado 145, maybe to balance it better?

Also as for the shape if it has any advantage over a traditional blade? Questionable.
But I didn't feel any real downsides with it either.

So I say treat it like any other blade, if you like the feel use it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I don't like being subjective so here's an objective comparison of the two shapes. The location of the center of gravity on the Cyber is 0.5cm higher than my standard shape. Let's take for example a 90g Viscaria with a balance of 2.7cm, with the Cyber shape the balance would be 3.2cm. Now, that's not a big difference, Viscaria has a good balance, and most commercial blades tend to have a balance of 3cm or higher anyway. This will be worsened if the handles are hollowed, impossible to know. But this difference will also be exacerbated with rubbers on, because the added mass is mostly above the cg on the cyber.

vis%20vs%20cyber%20jpg.jpeg

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Stiga: Cybershape has a 5% larger blade head!
Hipnotic: Hold my standard shape.

• Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Stiga: Cybershape has a 5% larger blade head!
Hipnotic: Hold my standard shape.
In case you have missed it earlier, I have said that my standard shape is 157x150 mm, very close to a Viscaria, and the norm for most blades. I probably should have added measurements to clarify that.

But you are right, it wasn't objective enough so I will compare it against the their own shape.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
In case you have missed it earlier, I have said that my standard shape is 157x150 mm, very close to a Viscaria, and the norm for most blades. I probably should have added measurements to clarify that.

But you are right, it wasn't objective enough so I will compare it against the their own shape.

Thanks for this overlay comparison, very useful! Can you by chance throw the HL5 with its larger head in pls.

Jan 2018
Don't worry about it. It was a joke on Stiga's marketing. They could've been more cautious when stating the Cybershape was "5% larger than a classic blade". Butterfly would've stated "5% larger than our classic blades(ABC series/models)." Either way, people will always pit one brand against another.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Don't worry about it. It was a joke on Stiga's marketing. They could've been more cautious when stating the Cybershape was "5% larger than a classic blade". Butterfly would've stated "5% larger than our classic blades(ABC series/models)." Either way, people will always pit one brand against another.
No worries, I didn't feel attacked, nor was I trying to attack you, or Stiga for that matter. I just want to clarify things.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Jan 2018
Another thing Stiga could've done better is release the FRF of Cybershape and a typical blade instead of saying "more linear frequency response".

Reactions: hipnotic
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Thanks for this overlay comparison, very useful! Can you by chance throw the HL5 with its larger head in pls.

This is getting a bit off topic but here's the comparison. I don't have the exact HL5 head shape, but I have my own 160x152 shape which is better for comparison sake. The wings on the HL5 are a bit different and the handle is also smaller. But here we can see that enlarging the head size doesn't have a drastic effect on balance, still between the regular shape and Cyber's balance. The weight increase is 2.8%, so for that previous example of a 65g blade with 25g handles and a balance of 2,7cm, in this case the it would be 66.8+25 = 91.8g with a balance of 2.88cm.

shapes%20comparison%20jpg.jpeg