DHS Skyline 3 Provincial 40' (blue sponge)

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Oh good Mog, you are EJing with rubbers now. That's exciting.

Reactions: MOG
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I tried it boosted, alongside provincial H3 37 degree, which was boosted as well. I found the Skyline to be a little faster. This was at least 6 months ago I think.
I gave it a run out about 3 weeks ago, so booster has worn off, still played well, but speed was back down. Still a tad faster than the H3 37.
I quite like Skyline 3 provincial blue sponge, definitely overlooked by many in favour of H3
if you have tried H3 don’t expect a vast difference between the 2 rubbers.

Reactions: latej

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I nearly have dropped the EJ bug.
I had a theory about getting a fast balsa to compensate for abs balls.

So I was going to try a tacky rubber on fh to get control and spin.

Since I switched to Ma Lin Carbon my pimple shots have become a bit tame, but my fh topspin has improved dramatically.
I am also getting good results.

But I long for something a bit stiffer on bh and that would mean I had to switch to something tackier and spinnier on fh.

I actually think now I should just buy a Falck Carbon or a Donic Crest AR+

I think they would both be a bit stiffer than the Ma Lin Carbon. Hopefully I could still control the fh and use pimples a bit more effectively on bh.

Is the Falck Carbon really different to the Ma Lin Carbon though?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I nearly have dropped the EJ bug.
I had a theory about getting a fast balsa to compensate for abs balls.

So I was going to try a tacky rubber on fh to get control and spin.

Since I switched to Ma Lin Carbon my pimple shots have become a bit tame, but my fh topspin has improved dramatically.
I am also getting good results.

But I long for something a bit stiffer on bh and that would mean I had to switch to something tackier and spinnier on fh.

I actually think now I should just buy a Falck Carbon or a Donic Crest AR+

I think they would both be a bit stiffer than the Ma Lin Carbon. Hopefully I could still control the fh and use pimples a bit more effectively on bh.

Is the Falck Carbon really different to the Ma Lin Carbon though?

Maybe look for thick core inner fiber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

that's why I am thinking Falck Carbon or Donic Crest AR+, they are both a bit thicker.

But i tried acoustic inner and did not like it.
Also not that keen on Innerforce from what I remember.

Yasaka Atletico power. BTW maybe one of forums blade makers could make a silver bullet to your ej

Last edited:
Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

I just got a Skyline 3 prov 40 deg from tt11. I put it on my blade unboosted but haven't played extensively with it yet. Based on my initial thoughts as a long time Hurricane 3 user (boosted and unboosted), Skyline 3 has a softer topsheet with a better feeling of control. unboosted Skyline 40 deg feels like 39 deg h3 boosted.

unless you feel like you have to boost other Chinese rubbers, I think Skyline is playable unboosted

Reactions: latej

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016

I just got a Skyline 3 prov 40 deg from tt11. I put it on my blade unboosted but haven't played extensively with it yet. Based on my initial thoughts as a long time Hurricane 3 user (boosted and unboosted), Skyline 3 has a softer topsheet with a better feeling of control. unboosted Skyline 40 deg feels like 39 deg h3 boosted.

unless you feel like you have to boost other Chinese rubbers, I think Skyline is playable unboosted

thanks,

if you dont mind me asking what standard of player are you?