Fan Zhendong joins Butterfly

says [IMG]
It was a matter of time....

Butterfly signs contract with Fan Zhendong, World Ranking No. 1 Player

fanzhendongjoinsbutterfly%20jpg.jpeg

Butterfly has signed an advisory contract with Fan Zhendong, who is a successful player from the Chinese national team. We will support his career by supplying him with our equipment.
Fan Zhendong is a representative of the Chinese National Team and has been ranked #1 in the world from April 2020 until now (43rd week of 2021).
He has been participating in the World Table Tennis Championships since 2013, and at the World Championships in Houston this year, he will be aiming for his initial title with his aggressive banana flick receives and forehand and backhand topspins created by his excellent physical strength.
Fan Zhendong comments after signing with Butterfly:
“I am very happy to have signed this contract with Butterfly. I believe that this partnership with the leading table tennis brand in the world, will be fruitful for both of us. I hope we can work together sincerely, progress together, and reach new heights. I am ready for that!”
We would appreciate your support for our new Butterfly family member Fan Zhendong!
Fan Zhendong is currently using DIGNICS 05 on his backhand and a custom Butterfly ALC blade
1f3d3.png

Won't be long and we'll see 2-3 new blades to be announced;)

Butterfly Table Tennis - Berichten | Facebook

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
How come Butterfly hasnt signed Liang Jingkun, he is the next best Chinese player not under Butterfly. Is he signed with anybody?

But Fan was the biggest target out there, obvious move by Butterfly. New places will be instant sellers. Why hasnt butterfly tried to poach Ma Long?

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
And yes, he is now bound to change to Butterfly rubber. Which one? Dignics of course + Dianchi booster a lot. Dirty trick by Chinese.
url]

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
How come Butterfly hasnt signed Liang Jingkun, he is the next best Chinese player not under Butterfly. Is he signed with anybody?

But Fan was the biggest target out there, obvious move by Butterfly. New places will be instant sellers. Why hasnt butterfly tried to poach Ma Long?

He is not playing with Butterfly rubbers. I don't think Butterfly would let it fly if a player is not using their rubber at least on their backhand.
Same with DHS, they require you to use DHS blade and DHS forehand rubber. They allow the player to use whatever on the backhand.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
How come Butterfly hasnt signed Liang Jingkun, he is the next best Chinese player not under Butterfly. Is he signed with anybody?But Fan was the biggest target out there, obvious move by Butterfly. New places will be instant sellers. Why hasnt butterfly tried to poach Ma Long?

LJK was sponsored by Yasaka in the past, but I'm not sure now. Also, he isn't among the top top players in the CNT (like Ma Long or Xu Xin). If I were Butterfly, I'd sign Wang Chuqin before Liang but it must be expensive to sign the best players in the world

Last edited:
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Fzd always played Viscaria (with Stiga handles) and butterfly backhand rubber (t05 in the past, d05 since it’s out). He will continue to use H3 on fh, so basically no change except for the fact that it’s now official…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

LJK was sponsored by Yasaka in the past, but I'm not sure now. Also, he isn't among the top top players in the CNT (like Ma Long or Xu Xin). If I were Butterfly, I'd sign Wang Chuqin before Liang but it must be expensive to sign the best players in the world

Â

So why hasnt Butterfly signed Wang Chuqin and Ma Long? Wang uses Butterfly blade and rubber I believe. They signed Lin Gaoyuan, but I think Wang has a better future.Â

This user has no status.
'Butterfly has signed an advisory contract with Fan Zhendong'

Why do I get the feeling that contracts differ between several athletes, you have Timo, Ovtcharov, & Mitzutani being promoted or featured more so than other top Chinese players like Lin Gaoyuan - is this because the former athletes play an all Butterfly set up? i.e. Butterfly rubbers + blade?

Whereas the Chinese will always have a hurricane or other tacky DHS rubber on their forehand or sometimes even also their backhands.

Either way, I am extremely excited for a Fan Zhendong ALC!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
So why hasnt Butterfly signed Wang Chuqin and Ma Long? Wang uses Butterfly blade and rubber I believe. They signed Lin Gaoyuan, but I think Wang has a better future.Â

As sampletext mentioned for you: Neither of those players uses Butterfly rubbers. Ma Long is not even using any Butterfly equipment at all. Besides he is under DHS contract for sure.