Yasaka Sweden Extra rubber pairing

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Take some time off until your wrist doesn't hurt, is my thought.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Give some thought to the Lebesson I mentioned in your other thread.
it’s not that i don’t wanna give it any consideration, but the only online website i can find that actually ships to where i live, malaysia, offers these three blades i’ve decided based on reviews. i’ve searched for lebesson on the website but they don’t have it :((

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
it’s not that i don’t wanna give it any consideration, but the only online website i can find that actually ships to where i live, malaysia, offers these three blades i’ve decided based on reviews. i’ve searched for lebesson on the website but they don’t have it :((
That's a pity.
If you're specifically looking for lighter blades then you may also want to consider the Stiga Azalea Allround or the Andro Novacell ALL/S (if you can get them in Malaysia, that is).
The Sweden Extra is an excellent and well-proven blade though - I'm just thinking of your wrist ...
But, if you can specify a light weight for the Sweden Extra then problem solved!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
That's a pity.
If you're specifically looking for lighter blades then you may also want to consider the Stiga Azalea Allround or the Andro Novacell ALL/S (if you can get them in Malaysia, that is).
The Sweden Extra is an excellent and well-proven blade though - I'm just thinking of your wrist ...
But, if you can specify a light weight for the Sweden Extra then problem solved!

Â

Â

The sweden extra wouldn’t be too slow right? i can’t seem to class myself as a beginner or an intermediate. i used to have a coach for about 3 months then i stopped but i can still spin and loop, just not consistent. the reviews of sweden extra said it’s good for beginners what do you think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Â

The sweden extra wouldn’t be too slow right? i can’t seem to class myself as a beginner or an intermediate. i used to have a coach for about 3 months then i stopped but i can still spin and loop, just not consistent. the reviews of sweden extra said it’s good for beginners what do you think?

All the blades mentioned so far are 'slow-ish' blades (the Stiga Azalea is possibly the zippiest of the lot), but I'm not sure what "too slow" means exactly. The point is that they are all 'high-control' blades which should enable you to play with more confidence and thus impart greater power to your shots.

No matter what blade you use there's no doubt that you playing at 90% effort (because you have the control and confidence to really go for it) will produce more powerful shots than at 50% effort (because you're always 'holding back' just to try keep the ball under control). Watch some YouTube videos of Emmanuel Lebesson and you'll see this in action. He uses his signature Tibhar Lebesson blade (which is a touch faster than the ones you're considering, but a touch slower than most 5-ply OFF blades, eg. Xiom Offensive S, Butterfly Korbel) AND (relatively) slow, soft rubbers. But he can still blast the ball at a million miles an hour, and with tremendous control and accuracy.

It sounds to me like the key factors in your case are the control, and the weight/balance of the blade. In other words a high-control blade that, for the sake of your wrist when playing BH, is reasonably light and not too head-heavy. If you have pain or discomfort in your wrist, and are always 'holding back' to try keep the ball under control, then you'll still hit weak shots even with the fastest blade on earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

All the blades mentioned so far are 'slow-ish' blades (the Stiga Azalea is possibly the zippiest of the lot), but I'm not sure what "too slow" means exactly. The point is that they are all 'high-control' blades which should enable you to play with more confidence and thus impart greater power to your shots.

No matter what blade you use there's no doubt that you playing at 90% effort (because you have the control and confidence to really go for it) will produce more powerful shots than at 50% effort (because you're always 'holding back' just to try keep the ball under control). Watch some YouTube videos of Emmanuel Lebesson and you'll see this in action. He uses his signature Tibhar Lebesson blade (which is a touch faster than the ones you're considering, but a touch slower than most 5-ply OFF blades, eg. Xiom Offensive S, Butterfly Korbel) AND (relatively) slow, soft rubbers. But he can still blast the ball at a million miles an hour, and with tremendous control and accuracy.

It sounds to me like the key factors in your case are the control, and the weight/balance of the blade. In other words a high-control blade that, for the sake of your wrist when playing BH, is reasonably light and not too head-heavy. If you have pain or discomfort in your wrist, and are always 'holding back' to try keep the ball under control, then you'll still hit weak shots even with the fastest blade on earth.

i see. excellent information there. and how about my rubbers? do you think the palio ak47 series is good for budget rubbers? they are very light too which i think will help with my backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
... do you think the palio ak47 series is good for budget rubbers? they are very light too which i think will help with my backhand

I haven't used them so can't comment from experience, but others on this forum have spoken positively of the AK47. Maybe someone who's used them will add his/her thoughts ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I haven't used them so can't comment from experience, but others on this forum have spoken positively of the AK47. Maybe someone who's used them will add his/her thoughts ...

They are great. Matte top sheet kind. Very gripy, very easy to play. I would recommend doing Red FH / BLUE BH. I've used Yellow and Blue in the past. Blue is the softest (~~ approx Xiom Vega EU hardness, or little softer), Red is about T05 hardness. They are not spin sensitive. Kind of like cheaper Donic Bluefire.