Speed: Offensive +
Sponge Hardness: Very Hard
Spin: Very High

Dynaryz CMD
Weight: 67 grams uncut
Speed: Offensive + (Personal rating)
Sponge Hardness: Medium to Medium Hard
Spin: Very High

The new Dynaryz rubbers are already out and are to prove that there are still areas of the 1st 2 Dynaryz variants that can be improved or tweaked the performance of the rubbers basing on the intended playstyle of the player. The AGR AND ACC versions sell well and they offered extra speed and spin compared to the older Rhyzer and Rhyzm series. Joola stated that they have improved the topsheet formulation in order to have better ball grip while maintaining a fairly affordable price. The topsheet is not tacky but it is extremely grippy and I believe it has more grip than the previous AGR and ACC variants. It is not tacky as some other people say because it does not stick to your fingers nor the ball when you press the ball against. What are the differences between the ZGR and CMD rubebrs. I will try to cover them on specific areas and also partially compared them with the previous 2 models of AGR and ACC. The sponge of both CMD and ZGR versions have a porous look and both seem to have a fairly similar porous size. Please take note I have not measured the pore sizes. The topsheets of the 2 rubbers have a different specs and these give them their major differences. The CMD has a pimple size of 0.9mm height, width of 1.7mm and spacing of 0.6mm between pimples while the ZGR has 0.8mm pimple height, pimple width of 1.5mm and pimple spacing of 0.9mm. The flat sheet of the CMD is thinner compared to that of the ZGR topsheet. You cannot have both tall pip structure and at the same time a thick flat sheet because it will go over the 4mm rubber thickness limit set by the ITTF. The thickness of both rubbers is at 3.7mm when I measured them with the caliper.
This is the table for the pip structure of the 4 Dynaryz rubbers:
Dynaryz VariantPimple HeightPimple WidthPimple Spacing
CMD0.9mm1.7mm0.6mm
ZGR0.8mm1.5mm0.9mm
ACC0.9mm1.7mm0.6mm
AGR0.9mm1.7mm0.6mm
[tbody] [/tbody]
The ZGR and CMD variants are offensive + rubbers but if I would rank them including the AGR and ACC, the ZGR seem to have the least speed. It is not slow but you can feel the difference or gap in speed if you compare it with the AGR and ACC. The CMD seem to have the “slowest” speed among the 4 variants when I tested the 4 variants again side by side just to confirm the approximate speed while the ZGR almost is on par of the ACC if we based it on the ratings of Joola. In my opinion, the ACC seem to have more speed than the ZGR. There were times the ACC had greater distance to cover than the ZGr due to the lower arc of the ACC. If compared to other brands, the speed of the ZGR is greater than that of the Tenergy 05 but falls short to the Tenergy 64’s speed. The CMD version would be comparable to that of the Tenergy 80FX. It would not be that fast like any other variants but the speed is still in the offensive range.
The ZGR has the most vicious spin among the 4 variants. The AGR was already very spinny but the topsheet of the ZGR has quite a lot to offer. It is possible that the ZGR has some changes in the formulation of the topsheet. Although labelled as having a hyper-traction technology, I was more interested on the amount of grip the ZGR has compared to the older variants of AGR and ACC. The topsheet although they look almost similar, the spin becomes apparent when you start looping or doing counter topspins or doing sidespin loops. There are only 2 ways in order to design a very spinny rubber. One, is to make the topsheet semi-tacky or tacky like a lot of ESN rubbers that have been coming out in the market recently or two, make the topsheet so grippy that with the help of a very good type of sponge can bite the ball properly giving you tons of spin. The first type is represented by Rhyzen ZGR while the later is that of the Dynaryz ZGR’s characteristics. This is in context of non-Chinese rubbers in the market. While the Rhyzen ZGR is the spinniest and is more on the type of ball contact that uses more of a brush contact, the Dynaryz ZGR while having tons of spin too, it is more dependent with the sponge to produce the amount of spin during loops. The hardness of the sponge actually helps a player brush the ball with a thin contact if they want to do slow topspin loops, but in my opinion, the Dynaryz ZGR is designed to optimally produce spin if you engage the sponge more. The Dynaryz ZGR is very spinny and can be in the same level of spin that the Tenergy 05 has. They do not feel the same but the playing characteristics if you are looking for a rubber that spins like Tenergy 05 but has a faster speed, then the Dynaryz ZGR is that rubber. It is still a prevalent thought or belief among people that Tenergy 05 is still the best rubber in the market but in reality, it is not. ESN rubbers have been catching up with the Japanese-made rubber for a few years now. There are ESN rubbers that can be as good or even better than the Japanese-made ones and they are sure way more affordable. The CMD version is also spinny but a little bit less compared to the AGR and ZGR version. It also needs a little bit more skill when handling especially when using it on stronger attacks. The arc is low and sometimes you need to be cautious of the way you contact the ball and also the way you would compress the ball against the sponge. Thankfully, the Dynaryz CMD is not too fast so control is never an issue. I had minor adjustments when I used it in the forehand but for the backhand, it was easy to block with the CMD version. There are tradeoffs when using each of the 2 versions. One maybe be too fast and needs some adjustment on the high arc and some sensitivity to spin which is a very minor issue while the other needs a little bit more open angle and needs more sponge compression on stronger shots but favors more of the intermediate level type.
The CMD version is one good all-around rubber, I would say from blocking to drives and smashing, these strokes complement the rubber’s inclination towards more on the control side whereas the ZGR version, I like it for drop shots, serves and pushes more aside from looping the ball. I find the hard sponge easy to do delicate shots because it did not make the shots bounce that high. Overall the quality and performance of these 2 rubbers are more than what we can expect for their prices.
Sharing some pics:

https://imgur.com/6YjTHUG
https://imgur.com/rpGGAUM
https://imgur.com/mc1YcDw
https://imgur.com/tnyaRg5
https://imgur.com/Dh14k7O
https://imgur.com/CsNSD8o
https://imgur.com/XBL17nV

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
thanks for your review. what do you think about the differences in spin potential and how easy to produce spin for dynaryz zgr, andro r53 and rakza z EH? which rubber has the softest feel for you? thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
thanks for your review. what do you think about the differences in spin potential and how easy to produce spin for dynaryz zgr, andro r53 and rakza z EH? which rubber has the softest feel for you? thanks

I havent used rakza z eh (or regular one) but have used the other two. When i first used zgr out of the package it was very hard and more difficult to generate spin. But when the stroke was correct the spin was excellent. After trying it "clean" i boosted the rubber and that helped a LOT. The sponge became softer and the ease of generating spin was immense. The speed of the rubber is also excellent. I actually switched from d09c to zgr because i like zgr more.
as for r53, i love the rubber. Id say it feels even better than zgr, but the spin is quite a bit lower. If andro would come out with a Hybrid rasanter rubber i would immediately purchase it! R53 does feel very soft though, much softer than zgr and thus is much easier to handle.
So to conclude: for spin go zgr, for speed go r53.

This user has no status.

I havent used rakza z eh (or regular one) but have used the other two. When i first used zgr out of the package it was very hard and more difficult to generate spin. But when the stroke was correct the spin was excellent. After trying it "clean" i boosted the rubber and that helped a LOT. The sponge became softer and the ease of generating spin was immense. The speed of the rubber is also excellent. I actually switched from d09c to zgr because i like zgr more.
as for r53, i love the rubber. Id say it feels even better than zgr, but the spin is quite a bit lower. If andro would come out with a Hybrid rasanter rubber i would immediately purchase it! R53 does feel very soft though, much softer than zgr and thus is much easier to handle.
So to conclude: for spin go zgr, for speed go r53.

What is it that you like better about ZGR compared to D09C? Which one is easier to use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
What is it that you like better about ZGR compared to D09C? Which one is easier to use?

It depends on the rubber you come from. Id say both are easy to use (relative to one another) its just that d09c has a very pronounced arc which is much lower on the ZGR. So coming from most rubbers you would really need to adjust your entire stroke if you switch to d09c. The main point for me is the price. I can get almost a complete forehand and backhand rubber setup (zgr/r48) for the price of a single dignics.

Reactions: BryanY
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Another great review from Yogi. Would you like to compare Stiga Dragon Grip and ZGR since you have tested both? Thanks.