Thoughts on this setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If I had the Earth and the Sweden, i would probably play the Earth and never touch the sweden.

Furthermore, you can get the Earth with 2 ak47 for 45 dollars, much better deal than the Yasaka.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
If I had the Earth and the Sweden, i would probably play the Earth and never touch the sweden.

Furthermore, you can get the Earth with 2 ak47 for 45 dollars, much better deal than the Yasaka.

The Yasaka has much much higher build quality though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

both of you please settle the debate and decide on one blade for me

It is your own decision. Not mine. I am just bringing some arguments to the table. You have to make the judgment. Yasaka SE, SC, Butterfly Primorac Off- all wood, Chinese 5 plies, are all more than good enough to do the job. The Chinese blades have the worse build quality and are not as smooth and nice feeling, but they are cheaper. Get whatever you can get for cheap.

Also try as many blades in the club as possible before making your own decision.

Reactions: Anton Chua
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you dont mind spending a few more dollars, then Yasaka is fine. Go for it.

Personally I think the Yinhe build quality is just as good (i have the yasaka Ma Lin as well as some Yinhe blades, but havnet touched yasaka in years)

With the Earth, i think its less of a slowdown from your current blade, but still give you more flex. Yasaka will give you flex, but might be slower than the Earth. Earth is also supposedly a clone of Nittaku Violin, another famous blade used by Ma Long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Personally I think the Yinhe build quality is just as good (i have the yasaka Ma Lin as well as some Yinhe blades, but havnet touched yasaka in years)

With the Earth, i think its less of a slowdown from your current blade, but still give you more flex. Yasaka will give you flex, but might be slower than the Earth. Earth is also supposedly a clone of Nittaku Violin, another famous blade used by Ma Long.

I agree about the Yinhe build quality (maybe more in recent years, but still…).

However be careful :
Earth E1 is koto-spruce-ayous
Earth E3 is I think the closest to a YSE "clone" (well, limba-spruce-ayous vs. anegre-limba-ayous)
Earth E4 is the said Violin "clone" (i.e., white ash-white ash-kiri)
E2 and E5 I have no idea…
Anyway there are many Yinhe Earth blades ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I agree about the Yinhe build quality (maybe more in recent years, but still…).

However be careful :
Earth E1 is koto-spruce-ayous
Earth E3 is I think the closest to a YSE "clone" (well, limba-spruce-ayous vs. anegre-limba-ayous)
Earth E4 is the said Violin "clone" (i.e., white ash-white ash-kiri)
E2 and E5 I have no idea…
Anyway there are many Yinhe Earth blades ;)

Â

Thanks for clarification. The E4 does look beautiful.Â

So, if its $52 for Yasaka and rubber, then thats a good deal, you should go for it. Shipping is probably faster as well.Â

Otherwise, get the Earth combo, they will cut and glue it for you.Â