Thoughts on this setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Sounds great.

since i have been playing with a stiffer blade like pg5, i do want to try how a flexy blade feels like so i will still go with a 5 ply for now. what is the usual playstyle of a flexy blade? mostly top spin and loop? flat hitting wont do any good? because at this moment i just have no confidence to loop with my pg5 bc it’s just a little fast for me so i think sweden extra should let me get the feel and control i’ve been craving. i’m new to this site, can i add people as friends? i would love to have you as my friend so i can contact you in the future

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you are learning strokes, flexier blade will give you a extra split second to hold the ball on your racket and manipulate the ball. You will have better ability to add spin, control arc and length.Â

Yasaka will be noticeably slower than the pg5. It might feel frustrating at times as you cant hit through your opponent as easily. But it makes up for it with better consistency and control, especially first 3 shots of rally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
If you are learning strokes, flexier blade will give you a extra split second to hold the ball on your racket and manipulate the ball. You will have better ability to add spin, control arc and length.Â

Yasaka will be noticeably slower than the pg5. It might feel frustrating at times as you cant hit through your opponent as easily. But it makes up for it with better consistency and control, especially first 3 shots of rally.

is palio ak47 much slower than the rakza7 too?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Its slightly slower, but I wouldnt say much slower. If you are still intermediate player, AK47 is more than enough speed and quality. AK47 is a speedy, soft, very good rubber. For the price, it really is like a dream.

Reactions: Anton Chua
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Its slightly slower, but I wouldnt say much slower. If you are still intermediate player, AK47 is more than enough speed and quality. AK47 is a speedy, soft, very good rubber. For the price, it really is like a dream.

so does that mean yasaka sweden extra paired with ak47 will not have much difference from DHS power g5 with rakza7?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well, it will defnitely be slower. I would say the AK47 is slightly slower than Rakza 7, and the Yasaka is a fair bit slower than DHS. So the rubber is maybe 5% slower, and the blade is maybe 10% slower, so altogether it might feel 15% slower.Â

The rubber change wont have as big as impact as the blade change. The blade probably determines 70% of the playing characteristic, but the rubber affects how you "touch" the ball. If you want more spin and flex, then your blade will be slower.Â

But you will get more spin and consistency probably.Â

Last edited:
  • Love
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just info. This is a review on RevSpin from someone who is on this forum and who plays at a decent level.

The rating for this rubber on Revspin is the very reason why I never really bother with the ratings here anymore because the ratings are taken mostly from people with very limited experiences on equipment. This rubber's spin and speed is nowhere close to what it is being rated. I suspect most people who are rating this rubbers are comparing with other low quality rubbers that can be had for less than $20. There is absolutely no calibration for ratings thus making the ratings impossible to be compare on the same scale as higher end rubbers. If T05's spin is at 9.4, then this rubber should be at 7 at most. There is just no way that this rubber's speed and spin are within +/- 1 compared to T05. I bought this rubber purely out of curiosity, but having played other rubbers including Tibhar Evolution series, Butterfly Tenergy and Dignics series, Hurricane, Andro Rasanter, Nittaku Fastarc, etc., Palio's AK series are an absolute joke in comparison. I have nothing against those who are on budget and want to play with cheaper rubbers, but they should know that the ratings here are inflated to the max.

It is worth reading that and knowing that it is from someone who knows a lot more about equipment and how to play than 95-99% of the people who write reviews on RevSpin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Just info. This is a review on RevSpin from someone who is on this forum and who plays at a decent level.

It is worth reading that and knowing that it is from someone who knows a lot more about equipment and how to play than 95-99% of the people who write reviews on RevSpin.
Â

Yes, I have read that review. In terms of the range of TT rubbers, if Tenergy is a 10, AK47 maybe would be a 8, and the slowest rubber antispin rubber would be a 1. But in terms of physics, if you actually measure the speed of the ball, I think there is between 5-15% difference in speed. Just my guess estimate from testing the Rakza 7 and AK47 on my own blade.Â

Revspin is hard to know what rating you should assign, because you dont have an objective standard to compare to.Â
Â

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Â

Yes, I have read that review. In terms of the range of TT rubbers, if Tenergy is a 10, AK47 maybe would be a 8, and the slowest rubber antispin rubber would be a 1. But in terms of physics, if you actually measure the speed of the ball, I think there is between 5-15% difference in speed. Just my guess estimate from testing the Rakza 7 and AK47 on my own blade.Â

Revspin is hard to know what rating you should assign, because you dont have an objective standard to compare to.Â
Â

I posted that for Anton. And the most important line is his comparison of AK47 with higher end TT rubbers and the takeaway that if you are on a budget, budget rubbers are fine. But you can't really compare them to higher end rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Â

Â

so to quickly summarise, a 10-15% speed decrease is to be expected in my new setup, correct?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Â

i never understood the meaning of flex, does it just mean the ball stay on the blade longer? and for stiffness the ball bounced off faster?

Yeah basically. The flex makes the blade slower, but it allows the ability to impart more spin on the ball, and to control the length, arc, trajectory of the ball better. Especially on return of serve, having more flex is crucial to control your opponents spinny serves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Do you already have the blade?

If you just want a flexier blade, there are so many yinhe options that will save you money rather than yasaka.Â

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Do you already have the blade?

If you just want a flexier blade, there are so many yinhe options that will save you money rather than yasaka.Â

i have not gotten the blade, the reason i chose the sweden extra is because it’s an all round blade and also because the website i can access has limited choices. they sell mostly the well known blades like YEO yasaka sweden extra, clipper