Butterfly Gergely T5000 replacement

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Can any one suggest a fast blade as a replacement to the gergely t5000. I’m looking for something as stiff as I’ve been using this for quite a few years now.

TIA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Check out BTY Garaydia T5000, Amultart, Sardius or Primorac Carbon. All are pretty stiff.

Cheers
L-zr

Thanks Lazer,

I have tried the Sardius and its too fast and impossible to drive /power topspin. How close is Amultart/Garadiya to Sardius/Gergely.

I don’t know, to compare them against each other you can download butterfly’s blade pdf on their homepage.

I can tell you that the primorac catrbon is pretty stiff. One parameter you can use is the thickness, thicker means stiffer. Measure the thickness of your blade and compare.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

Thanks Lazer,

I have tried the Sardius and its too fast and impossible to drive /power topspin. How close is Amultart/Garadiya to Sardius/Gergely.

That is unusual. Were you playing 38mm celluloid balls when said failure to drive/power topspin happened? What rubber were you using? I tried the Sardius as well with Rakza X and had no issues with drive or topspin when using it with an ABS 40+ Nittaku ball. The Sardius is maybe slightly faster than a Garaydia ZLC but is quite well controllable with the plastic ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Hi Wing,
It is possible, I was not using the plastic ball. This was back in 2012. The blade felt very fast compared to the gergely I was using.
I have come down to

Alultart ZL
Garydia ZLC
Jun Mizutani ZLC
Primorac Carbon

Any comments on these 4 ?

Thanks

I can comment on the Primorac Carbon. Its stiff and fast. It has a 1mm hinoki surface layer on top of 1/2 mm (I think) Tamca 5000 layer and a ~4mm Kiri core. I need to slow it down with a Rakza 7 soft. With this rubber get a kind of "innerforce effect" (Extra slow in the slow game and fast in the fast game).

Cheers
L-zr