Tackiness versus grippiness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
zeio, explain what is the "tricky" force that causes the tricky jump.
What is tensioned in "tensioned" tubber. What holds the rubber in tension?
Show us an equation where tension is used in TT.
After many years you have not provided us with the equation for how to use tension in TT.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Forget it. For someone who hadn't heard of the term tribology to assume he's the only one who has an engineering background and everyone else is dumb. Ever wonder why I didn't put the links to those studies? Because you'd be too smart to even read it with a level head. To claim Michael Varenberg doesn't know what he's doing only reinforces the fact the Dunning-Kruger effect is strong with you. At least look up his name before you reach for your keyboard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Forget it. For someone who hadn't heard of the term tribology to assume he's the only one who has an engineering background and everyone else is dumb. /quote]

I have heard of the term tribology. I usually need to model Stribeck friction or "stick- slip". Knowing a word doesn't mean you know anything about it. I have modeled it for real on a big project with millions at stake, and you?

You are the dumb one. Everyone is ignorant in some things but to want to remain ignorant like you have all these years is dumb. Ignorant people can be enlightened. Dumb people want to stay ignorant.

Ever wonder why I didn't put the links to those studies? Because you'd be too smart to even read it with a level head.
I have seen some good studies and many bad ones. Do you have doubts about the validity of the info you post? If so then why try to fool the forum?

To claim Michael Varenberg doesn't know what he's doing only reinforces the fact the Dunning-Kruger effect is strong with you. At least look up his name before you reach for your keyboard.
What name? Varenberg or D-K?
You haven't explained why or how a ball sliding across a TT rubber is relevant.
You are the one with the D-K syndrome. You can't answer my questions.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Forget it. For someone who hadn't heard of the term tribology to assume he's the only one who has an engineering background and everyone else is dumb. Ever wonder why I didn't put the links to those studies? Because you'd be too smart to even read it with a level head. To claim Michael Varenberg doesn't know what he's doing only reinforces the fact the Dunning-Kruger effect is strong with you. At least look up his name before you reach for your keyboard.
brokenball;356381
You haven't explained why or how a ball sliding across a TT rubber is relevant.You are the one with the D-K syndrome. You can't answer my questions.
This is to both of you.

Zeio, you like to troll BrokenBall and you have to stop it.

BrokenBall, you have to stop arguing, debating, or what ever it is you think you are doing with Zeio.

If I see either of you making a comment that is to, about, interacting with, or trolling the other, YOU WILL GET A TWO WEEK BAN.

No posts to make comments in threads the other has commented in. No more of this. You both have to stop it and grow up.

By the way, that also means, most threads either of you have already commented in, YOU SHOULD NOT POST IN THEM IF THE OTHER HAS ALSO POSTED IN THAT THREAD.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
That's ashamed. I do feel educated reading these debates. Hope the posters get less emotional in future conversations, understanding it's difficult. Although I do feel unfortunate when things get a little too emotional. I gotta say thanks to the posters for the information.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That's ashamed. I do feel educated reading these debates. Hope the posters get less emotional in future conversations, understanding it's difficult. Although I do feel unfortunate when things get a little too emotional. I gotta say thanks to the posters for the information.
Yeah. It is a hard balance and these two have history with each other. The educational content is good information. The idea that each is trying to put the other down is the issue.