Replacement to stiga mantra sofy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
It's a real pity that it got discontinued. I really liked the rubbers stiga made in Japan. Calibra, Airoc, Mantra all were pretty good.

I guess you could go with Rozena, I've been quite successfully switching between Rozena and Mantra on my BH and at least you can be assured Butterfly doesn't discontinue it after 4 years. But granted I've been using Mantra hard, not soft. Rozena is significantly softer but I guess it's still harder than Mantra soft.

To get a very similar feeling rubber I guess you need to do some research which Japanese factory Mantra was made in. Try to look for something that's also made there and is similar. Maybe I read it somewhere that Nexy Karis is made in the same place?

Reactions: Lukas Oja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi, to keep you going for a while, Presports in Malaysia have the Soft Mantra on offer,
but even better there is a 4 for the price of 3 on top of that.
Go to their homepage and you will see the 4/3 offer promotion button.
They are very reliable and reasonable on postage too.
(I am not connected to them btw, just an appreciative customer).
Cheers....

Reactions: Lukas Oja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
I am playing also with Mantra H forehand and Mantra M backhand, we can still find these rubbers but I don't know for how long more.
Does someone can advice me some alternative ? I really like the characteristics of Mantra series, fast/spin but controllable and very linear feeling.

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

You can have a go with the Nexy Etika or Neottec XM5 as they seem to be made by the same company as Mantra. These newer rubbers from Nexy or Neottec should have even more improved grip while people say they are more linear than ESN or BTY rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Thank you for all your answers, in term of hardness am I right ?

Mantra H : 47
Mantra M : 45
Neottec X5-M : 48-49
Neottec X5-S : 46-47
Nexy Etika 51
Nexy Etika 47
VJ > 07 Stiff : 45
VJ > 07 Limber : 40

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Thank you for all your answers, in term of hardness am I right ?

Mantra H : 47
Mantra M : 45
Neottec X5-M : 48-49
Neottec X5-S : 46-47
Nexy Etika 51
Nexy Etika 47
VJ > 07 Stiff : 45
VJ > 07 Limber : 40

I think Mantra H is harder than 47deg ESN, more like 50 deg and the Mantra M was like the 47 deg ESN.
For sure Mantra H is (quite significantly) harder than an MX-P or even a Gewo Nexxus 48.

Last November Tabletennis11 answered "We still have the possibility to order Stiga Mantra from Japan and Stiga told us they do not plan to stop this production." when I asked them how long the Mantras will be available.

That's a relief. It would be pretty sad if they discontinued it. As far as I know it's a really popular rubber in China on BH and I like it on my BH very much too.

As an alternative I believe the Nexy Karis is made by the same company too. I just remembered.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Thanks for the answers !
Just for my curiosity, are Nittaku Fastarc G1 or Stiga DNA Pro share the same characteristics of Mantras (linear/not too bouncy and not sensitive to incoming spin) ?