Equipment advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
729 Super FX Blue Sponge on FH and Yinhe Moon (soft) on BH is a good choice I think. And from now, start to create an opinion of boosting rubbers, its very important have your opinion about this before buy chinese rubbers.Improve your tecnhique, practice, practice, and more practice. Them when you have practiced a lot, go to other rubbers, like Skyline 2 Neo on FH and Moon Speed on BH, or some tensor.

Do you think I should boost the yinhe moon on backhand or is it not needed. I will definitely try boosting my fh tacky rubber because I think it’s needed I’ll try with baby oil first but do you know of any way to do it with our breathing in all the chemicals I heard it can cause cancer

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Do you think I should boost the yinhe moon on backhand or is it not needed. I will definitely try boosting my fh tacky rubber because I think it’s needed I’ll try with baby oil first but do you know of any way to do it with our breathing in all the chemicals I heard it can cause cancer

Speed Glue and VOCs....the fumes from those are toxic. That is why speed glue was banned. I don't believe the boosters have harmful chemicals that evaporate into the air.

I would just get a decent booster like Haifu. Don't waste your time with baby oil. These days, the companies that make booster oils are making them much more effective than baby oil will be.

Details, be wary of anyone giving you equipment advice without having seen you play. :) Is it possible for you to post video footage so people have an actual idea of what your strokes look like and how you contact the ball on offensive shots? It does not need to be more than 20 seconds of footage....a few FH strokes and a few BH strokes will let people see how you are playing.

Also, you said you are penhold. On the reverse side, are you using this for Reverse Penhold Backhand? If yes, a worthwhile piece of information, Wang Hao, probably the best RPB player ever, used a Sriver topsheet with a Bryce Speed Sponge. What does that mean? Soft and not so spinny. And with that, he still got tons of spin. I have a friend who is a decently high level RPB player who uses Roundel on his RPB BH. He gets amazing spin regardless of how I thought I would never use a rubber as unspinny as that.

Roundel may actually be a good BH rubber if you are using RPB. Something not too spinny and not too fast. You will still generate a lot of spin because RPB can really generate a lot of spin.

As far as the rest, I am not going to say anything else without footage. But, you have already been given decent basic information even if it does not have much to do with how you play and what you need. If your description of how you play and how people are interpreting your description of how you play match up to how you actually play, you may be fine with that info. But, my experience is, it is rare that a description in words gives an accurate picture of how you play to people who will try to give you advice. :)

Moon is a good BH learning rubber because of more control and spin, better not boost. If you really need and want more speed is better Palio AK47 Blue.

Baby oil is not bad for health, you can use on babys lol. Dandoy have a Bio Booster, and most of voc free real boosters (Haifu, Falco Tempo Long, Dianchi) no are toxic

Just on your words you are a begginer, and for begginers is better this advice:

I think you are having some issues with equipment, keep calm bro. Just take some cheap stuff and practice. Friendship Super FX is good to learn tacky rubbers, develop technique, forces footwork and forces strenght of body. If you not confident with this rubber, this ones have same idea: DHS G888 or Globe 999T, developing rubbers.

We cannot see your level, record some shots.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you get AK47, any of the versions are fine. Red is harder and faster, but if you are beginner, blue is probably slightly easier to play with. I would go with blue in your case. Moon is a good rubber, but probably less elastic than AK47, or Ckylin, or Loki. Moon costs more than those rubbers, so there isnt really a strong reason to use it in my opinion.

Ive tried a lot of Chinese rubbers. Yinhe is good, but I find Bloom Power and Reactor and Loki to be cheaper and a little more bouncy than Yinhe.

I highly recommend you stick to one of these recommendations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Very true let me try to get info and yes I should added I use RPB so I will check those rubbers thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Very true let me try to get info and yes I should added I use RPB so I will check those rubbers thanks

Â

If you are RPB, you would definitely want something more bouncy so you can get enough lift on your backhand loop. You could do Loki Rxton 5 on FH and Loki T3 on backhand.Â

In summary,Â
Good and cheap FH rubbers: Tornado v5 (or Thunder), Bloom Power, Rxton 5
Good and cheap BH rubbers: Ckylin Pro, AK47, Loki T3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Does the Loki rxton 5 come In only one thickness it shows no option and doesn’t state what it is on Amazon ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Both of these are the Ckylin, but the Ckylin PRO should be slightly bouncier and faster. Ckylin is their attempt to clone Donic Bluefire, a ESN style rubber. Not as good as real thing, but really a good attempt.