Equipment advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hello, I’m a 15 year old beginner/intermediate penholder who is offensive based. I am technically choosing my first paddle and my real first one is a 20$ premade one off Amazon . I have already purchased the yasaka ma Lin extra offensive for my blade and am looking for the right tacky Chinese rubber for my forehand and either a hybrid type rubber/tensor or soft Chinese rubber for backhand. I am deciding between a some options
for my forehand out of these what would you recommend (if any other ones I am also open to hearing them) Hurricane 3 neo, hurricane 3, 729 FX , 729 battle 2 blue sponge, xiom omega V Asia, xiom omega v China, Yinhe Jupiter 2,

for backhand I need more help as I only have little options. Xiom omega v euro, rakza 9, hurricane 8 soft
also what thickness would you recommend for both sides I’m thinking max for both
thank you a response would be super helpful as I don’t have anybody to ask and not many friends, I have a coach but he is not very helpful but I’ll try to ask him more specific questions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hello, I’m a 15 year old beginner/intermediate penholder who is offensive based. I am technically choosing my first paddle and my real first one is a 20$ premade one off Amazon . I have already purchased the yasaka ma Lin extra offensive for my blade and am looking for the right tacky Chinese rubber for my forehand and either a hybrid type rubber/tensor or soft Chinese rubber for backhand. I am deciding between a some options
for my forehand out of these what would you recommend (if any other ones I am also open to hearing them) Hurricane 3 neo, hurricane 3, 729 FX , 729 battle 2 blue sponge, xiom omega V Asia, xiom omega v China, Yinhe Jupiter 2,

for backhand I need more help as I only have little options. Xiom omega v euro, rakza 9, hurricane 8 soft
also what thickness would you recommend for both sides I’m thinking max for both
thank you a response would be super helpful as I don’t have anybody to ask and not many friends, I have a coach but he is not very helpful but I’ll try to ask him more specific questions
I advice you to take cheap rubbers and invest more money in individual training with coach. It's a way to progress quickly and find out what equipment really suits you and what your style of play is.
Yasaka Ma lin extra offensive is great blade, but as first blade it can bee too fast or too hard for you. For me personally, that blade was phenomenal. I enjoyed the speed of the blade, which allowed me to finish the point from 3th or 5th ball attack. It's great for block and flat hits. But I took it for the first time after 2-3 years of playing with an all/all+ blade and regular training 3-4 times a week with a coach and good sparring partners.
Since this kind of racket is very different from premade racket, for rubbers I advise you to take something cheap likelike 729fx, yasaka mark v or xiom mussa...I think these rubbers are best for developing good technique and the fastest progress.
The rubbers you mentioned are great, but in my opinion they are not for beginners, especially for the transition from premade racket to pro like blade.
I hope I helped you something.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Do you train in a club?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Ok yeah I know what you mean. The premade paddle I have right now is actually generally hard def not a tensor I don’t even think it’s a real rubber but the transition will still be difficult. I play with coaches 2 times a week and practice with partners for another 2 days so like 4 days a week. The yasaka mark V is a tensor rubber right ? I’m trying to transition into Chinese tacky rubber while I’m still new and if I got into euro rubbers right now I probably will never switch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Yes 2 times a week with penhold coaches that will correct my strokes if I’m misusing Chinese rubbers and I’ll play with friends on the other days so like 4-5 times a week.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Also the Jupiter 2 is 15$ so a cheap rubber and factory boosted which I think could help would you recommend that or still 729 fx and any Rec for backhand?

729 Super FX Blue Sponge on FH and Yinhe Moon (soft) on BH is a good choice I think. And from now, start to create an opinion of boosting rubbers, its very important have your opinion about this before buy chinese rubbers.Improve your tecnhique, practice, practice, and more practice. Them when you have practiced a lot, go to other rubbers, like Skyline 2 Neo on FH and Moon Speed on BH, or some tensor.

Reactions: RayanH
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Ok thanks a lot, there’s so many different versions of the xiom eu, 5,7 , Vega, should I jus go with the xiom Vega 5 euro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Ok thanks a lot, there’s so many different versions of the xiom eu, 5,7 , Vega, should I jus go with the xiom Vega 5 euro

You mentioned you only have XiomOmega V Eu so i suggested that.

EDIT:
Sorry for the suggestions without reasoning. Regarding the FH rubber. By the time you will learn to use it you will probably want a harder rubber. I found that for people who know how to use it properly boosted 40 or factory boosted 39 is quite a sweet spot. It is not that hard to hit through if your stroke is good.

Jupiter 2 is an excellent rubber but durability is not so good. In 4-6 months of regular play I literally wore a hole in the middle of the rubber. It is cheap and relatively easy to use though. By the time the sheet is done, you will know whether you like it or not, and you will not spend that much money in the process. In my opinion, Jupiter is somewhere between commercial H3 and Prov H3 / Battle 2.

Regarding BH rubber I would pick any tensor you can get. I really really love the Gewo El Pro 48. But from my personal list of favorites Xiom Vega Japan, Victas V01 Stiff, and Donic Bluefire M (I don't remember the number after M, the 47.5 degree one). They are much less spin sensitive than the Gewo, but they are not as spiny themselves.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
It sounds like you want to save money (good idea). For your forehand, I would recommend 729 Bloom Power, Yinhe Big Dipper, Reactor Tornado V5, or Loki Rxton 5.Â

For your backhand, I would recommend Palio AK47, or Reactor Ckylin Pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Thanks a lot what do you mean by opinion. Im not sure, I think I will boost my rubbers as it’s kinda needed I want to first try with baby oil then go to like Falco long or haifu but is there any way to do it without Breathing in too many toxins I heard thags the one downside to it?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hurricane 3 neo forehand and hurricane 8 soft backhand.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Also the Jupiter 2 is 15$ so a cheap rubber and factory boosted which I think could help would you recommend that or still 729 fx and any Rec for backhand?

Hi Rayan,

Right now, there is no need to get into real expensive equipment. Your over-riding factors in your decision process should SUITABLE EQUIPMENT FOR DEVELOPMENT and PRICE.

Your blade, Ma Lin Extra, is suitable, so is the suggestion of Jupier 2. That rubber will not last very long, but you should be able to get 100 hours out of it. For $12 a sheet, that is increadible value. That will be suitable for FH, possibly BH.

You are probably dealing with Cole (colestt.com) or Tom (zeropong.com) ask them about something softer suitable if you think Jupiter is too hard on BH. Mercury or Earth might fit that.

Reactions: Tipiak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hi, I'm an intermediate player playing for 5 years in table tennis. I'm using inverted rubbers as of now( Hurricane 3 neo, MX-P). My blade is Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner. I'm planning to change my BH rubber to an anti spin( Yasaka trick anti) because I feel like I can't be an offensive player on both my FH and BH. I'm having trouble on receiving a serve too. Right now, I want to try antispin rubber but I don't want to risk my money to buy it so I need some advice on how to play with anti spin. Thank you. I watched some clips in youtube but I don't understand yet. The timing, the angle of the bat. Thank you if someone make a response.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Hi Rayan,

Right now, there is no need to get into real expensive equipment. Your over-riding factors in your decision process should SUITABLE EQUIPMENT FOR DEVELOPMENT and PRICE.

Your blade, Ma Lin Extra, is suitable, so is the suggestion of Jupier 2. That rubber will not last very long, but you should be able to get 100 hours out of it. For $12 a sheet, that is increadible value. That will be suitable for FH, possibly BH.

You are probably dealing with Cole (colestt.com) or Tom (zeropong.com) ask them about something softer suitable if you think Jupiter is too hard on BH. Mercury or Earth might fit that.

If one is from US and want the prime stuff, get Gambler. Value is sky high, the only minus is durability. But again their rubbers are very very good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
It sounds like you want to save money (good idea). For your forehand, I would recommend 729 Bloom Power, Yinhe Big Dipper, Reactor Tornado V5, or Loki Rxton 5.Â

For your backhand, I would recommend Palio AK47, or Reactor Ckylin Pro

Palio ak47 red or blue?