Greetings from a Chinese boy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hello everyone, I am an amateur table tennis player from China. I am currently an average table tennis player, but I love playing table tennis.
Currently in my senior year of college and recently preparing for my master's entrance exam, which will be over after Christmas. I usually play three to five times a week and enjoy watching various table tennis tournaments.
Looking forward to meeting people from thousands of kilometers away in the forum. But I can't guarantee to be online all the time because of the limited internet. If you don't mind me being slow to reply I think we can make friends.😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Hello everyone, I am an amateur table tennis player from China. I am currently an average table tennis player, but I love playing table tennis.
Currently in my senior year of college and recently preparing for my master's entrance exam, which will be over after Christmas. I usually play three to five times a week and enjoy watching various table tennis tournaments.
Looking forward to meeting people from thousands of kilometers away in the forum. But I can't guarantee to be online all the time because of the limited internet. If you don't mind me being slow to reply I think we can make friends.😁

Good luck on your exam. Do you mind sharing info on how expensive is Prov and National hurricane on domestic market?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Good luck on your exam. Do you mind sharing info on how expensive is Prov and National hurricane on domestic market?

And what the chinese use if they are not sponsored by DHS and play smth different. Do they use the provincial version like us plebs or do they use a completely dofferent brand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Thank you for your blessing.
This is the real time price that I learned in the market. Of course, if a student like me (who hasn't achieved financial independence yet) is picking up rubber, he or she may look for some merchants to reach a little bit cheaper than this price.
In addition, if the rubber used is not the neo version, we usually choose organic glue to paste and re-glue after a period of time. I don't know if people do the same thing (because it's only for recreational play and not a high level of competition so they are not required to use inorganic glue)
The rubber market is mixed, this chart is from a store I referenced in a good review, hope it helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
good luck with everything. also would like to know more about the special versions of dhs rubbers.

I know some rubber other than Hurricane 3
For example, Hurricane 8, Hurricane 8-80, hurricane 3-50, sky line series, gold arc, tin src… To be honest I'm not sure if these rubber is commonly used and how it feels

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Thank you for your blessing.
This is the real time price that I learned in the market. Of course, if a student like me (who hasn't achieved financial independence yet) is picking up rubber, he or she may look for some merchants to reach a little bit cheaper than this price.
In addition, if the rubber used is not the neo version, we usually choose organic glue to paste and re-glue after a period of time. I don't know if people do the same thing (because it's only for recreational play and not a high level of competition so they are not required to use inorganic glue)
The rubber market is mixed, this chart is from a store I referenced in a good review, hope it helps.

The chart did not seem to load.

Zrzut%20ekranu%202021%2011%208%20o%2015%2021%2009%20png.png
Zrzut%20ekranu%202021%2011%208%20o%2015%2021%2034%20png.png

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
As a Chinese living in Hong Kong, allow me to chip in and talk something on Chinese equipments. Actually a lot of non national team players have sponsors, and provincial team have their own sponsors, e.g. Yinhe (Galaxy), and Yinhe claimed they make tailored made baldes to the provincial teams and also the North Korean national team. These blades are not particularly expensive and costs around US$120 to USD$200 at their own shop. DHS tailored made 968 are very expensive, and sells north of US$500, if you can find one (and if you trust the seller).

Regarding the myth on National H3. Well actually DHS are selling them to the public now. Go to DHS flagship store at Taobao and you can buy it at less than US$100. I once bought a Ma Long edition NH3 at US$50 when the pandemic is at its worst (listed at USD150) They are real and shipped directly from DHS. But the point is, do you believe they are different to the normal retail version? Even DHS says they are using the same formula.

Most Chinese are poor in Western standard. They cannot afford expensive equipment. Except those rich people in major cities and professionals, many people are using Yinhe, 729, Palio, Sword, etc. A lot of people playing for leisure uses sub US$25 rackets. You can assemble your customer made racket from the above brand for less than US$10 if you spend some time searching.

• Wow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

And what the chinese use if they are not sponsored by DHS and play smth different. Do they use the provincial version like us plebs or do they use a completely dofferent brand?

Pro H3 blue sponge, around US$50
Nat H3 blue sponge, around US$95
Nat H3 players special version, around $150

All are official prices from DHS flagship store at Taobao. These rubbers are selling cheaper elsewhere but risk of getting a fake one is high.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Pro H3 blue sponge, around US$50
Nat H3 blue sponge, around US$95
Nat H3 players special version, around $150

All are official prices from DHS flagship store at Taobao. These rubbers are selling cheaper elsewhere but risk of getting a fake one is high.

So you stick with the affordable alternatives from other chinese brands.
While i played with several chinese rubbers in the past (e.g. Sanwei Target National, Hurricane 3, Hurricane 3 neo, Dipper...) they all perform at least decent if not really great on FH overall. The huge upset comes with BH rubbers. I tried several ones - boosted and unboosted but non of them could come close to rubbers like Xiom Vega pro, Tenergy 05 or my current backhand Victas V 15 Extra.

For my second setup im gonna try to test the alternatives from Loki because my spare racket has to be unboosted.
Do you have any recommendations of what else to use as an alternative?

This user has no status.
I am a player living in Beijing. I asked my friend who owns a table tennis equipment shop and he said the only DHS rubber with variants is the H3. Currently there are 2 categories (organic and inorganic) which decides if they should be boosted. Under those categories there are 3 levels of quality( Commercial, Provincial, National) , under provincial or national there are two different sponge colors(effect difference debateble), and also national has a commercial version( lots of fakes so be careful) and a true team version( fine tuned to the player, not suitable for normal people, impossible to obtain). So in conclusion it’s complicated and most non national pros and good amateurs just use the orange or blue sponge provincial version, which sells for around 40 USD domestically. I have tried and I think it’s amazing. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

So you stick with the affordable alternatives from other chinese brands.
While i played with several chinese rubbers in the past (e.g. Sanwei Target National, Hurricane 3, Hurricane 3 neo, Dipper...) they all perform at least decent if not really great on FH overall. The huge upset comes with BH rubbers. I tried several ones - boosted and unboosted but non of them could come close to rubbers like Xiom Vega pro, Tenergy 05 or my current backhand Victas V 15 Extra.

For my second setup im gonna try to test the alternatives from Loki because my spare racket has to be unboosted.
Do you have any recommendations of what else to use as an alternative?

For affordable non tacky Chinese rubber, you may try Palio AK47 ( they have 3 versions of hardness) and Yinhe (Galaxy) Moon. They costs from USD6 to USD11 in the local market.