WTTC 2021 - Houston - Predictions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hello Folks,

I'm in Houston, TX and really excited about the Championships coming to the USA. What are your predictions for the Men and Women singles for the championships.
I'm also bumped that Ma Long, Xu Xin and Liu Shiwen wont be participating!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think FZD will win, lin yun ju doesn't seem to have the same level he had at the Olympics and dima is out with an injury. With that and ma long out FZD should have a rather easy road to the title, it really is his title to lose now.The Chinese second row looks pretty beatable, wang chuqin and lin gaoyuan lost at the lasko contender tournament as did Zhou qihao. Liang jingkun looks pretty good though, maybe he can win silver medal

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I heard that, like doubles, singles also will be best 3 of 5 games and not best 4 of 7 at Houston Championships.

Is this true ?

If yes, that really opens up the field for upsets & that is the intent I assume. And by that I mean more intended upsets against Chinese LOL

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
why are they not playing? injury? retirement? or didn't qualify?

Dima has torn his ankle ligament and ma long and xu xin have not been nominated most likely because they would be to old at the next Olympics and the "second row" of young Chinese players behind FZD has been slacking a little and CNT wants to put more pressure on them to evolve faster and close the gap to FZD.

Reactions: vipt2000
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

Dima has torn his ankle ligament and ma long and xu xin have not been nominated most likely because they would be to old at the next Olympics and the "second row" of young Chinese players behind FZD has been slacking a little and CNT wants to put more pressure on them to evolve faster and close the gap to FZD.

i think china will play with ma long and xu xin at next olympics. its just less then 3 years to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018

Hi !

I am sad ML, the gold machine, and XX, my favorite players, will not attend the championship.

I am a fan of Liang Jingkun, who is the only able to beat FZD.

Chen Meng looks unbeatable !

Go China !

This user has no status.
I think FZD will win, lin yun ju doesn't seem to have the same level he had at the Olympics and dima is out with an injury. With that and ma long out FZD should have a rather easy road to the title, it really is his title to lose now.The Chinese second row looks pretty beatable, wang chuqin and lin gaoyuan lost at the lasko contender tournament as did Zhou qihao. Liang jingkun looks pretty good though, maybe he can win silver medal

Exactly my thoughts - FZD for gold and Liang Jingkun looking very strong to take silver

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
LJK heavily relies on Bh attack. That’s why he struggles with FZD, ML or leftist who can outsmart or overpowered his fh side.

If LJK meets Lin Yun Ju he might have 50/50 chance of losing.

If LJK meets FZD he might have 70/30 chance of losing.

Will be interesting to see

The same Liang who beat FZD at the last WTTC and usually gives FZD a tough match? Who you visibly see ML and FZD show massive relief after beating him? In fact one could very well argue that strong forehand players don't do that much better against FZD and ML and the bottom line is that LJK is a damn good player.