Do You Use Tacky or Non-Tacky?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I use non-tacky rubber because tacky rubber loses it tackiness over time and quickly gets dirty. I do sometime brush so thinly that the ball seems to drop off my paddle. This might not happen if I used tacky rubbers. I just think the cons out weigh the pluses.

This user has no status.
I use non-tacky rubber because tacky rubber loses it tackiness over time and quickly gets dirty. I do sometime brush so thinly that the ball seems to drop off my paddle. This might not happen if I used tacky rubbers. I just think the cons out weigh the pluses.

Thats a good point - I used to use Rakza 7 and X on FH (BH still G-1) and they are extremely easy to keep clean.

Its my first time using a hybrid rubber so I will see how long its tackiness lasts. As for cleaning/maintaining, since I apply the protective foil that came with it on it after usage + a Nittaku protection sleeve., it tends to keep quite clean.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

what are hybrid rubbers?

A mix of tacky top sheet (usually not as tacky) and a harder bouncy sponge, traditional 'Tacky' rubbers have a hard sponge that are not as bouncy as a BTY spring sponge or a Tensor type ESN sponge. A traditional 'Chinese tacky' rubber would feel 'Dead' to those use to playing with a grippy bouncy sponge rubber such as Tenergy, or Rasanter etc.

Some examples of 'Hybrid' rubbers-
D09C, Rakza Z, Donic BlueGrip C2, Tibhar K1 Pro. There are quite a few more, they are a bit of a trend at the moment!!

Examples of 'Tacky' rubbers-
DHS H3, DHS H3Neo, Friendship 729, etc

Examples of 'Grippy top sheet with bouncy sponge' ESN/EuroJap type rubbers
T05, Fastarc G1, Rasanter R53/48/45, Joola Dynaryz etc

There are loads of rubbers in each group with manufacturers making their own version that fit into or bridge across the 'boundaries'
Butterfly make Aibiss, which can be classed as a Chinese style tacky rubber, D09C and SpinArt are 'hybrid', T05,D05, Rozena are grippy / bouncy type.

Personally I like some tackiness, and the hybrid type rubbers with a mix of tacky(ish) top sheet and a bouncy sponge fit the bill nicely!!!

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

do you have a video of you playing so i can see how u play with tacky rubbers?

Not gonna happen dear friend.

Why?

1) I value privacy.

2) Why do you want to see me, a club level player? There are tonnes of video of awesome players using tacky rubber on the internet. Ma Long & FZD being the ultimate poster boys of tacky rubber user.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Why?

1) I value privacy.

2) Why do you want to see me, a club level player? There are tonnes of video of awesome players using tacky rubber on the internet. Ma Long & FZD being the ultimate poster boys of tacky rubber user.

alright, didn’t think that through. just so you know, we are both from malaysia

Why?

1) I value privacy.

C'mon Gozo we all love to see ya 😍

Cheers
L-zr

• Haha
Reactions: Gozo Aruna
Mar 2021
482642F4 8977 4D9D 820D 96E9BAC20464 png.png

Lazer;355887C'mon Gozo we all love to see ya 😍

Cheers
L-zr

Me during a cosplay session...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Tacky on FH (Hurricane 3). No problems with keeping them tacky with some water after each session, from time to time with a drop of dishwashing liquid, and putting a protective foil on (nothing special just ziplock bags) to keep air away from the topsheet,
Tried a couple of hybrid rubbers (Rakza Z, Codexx EL Pro, Triple Extra) all having their pros and cons but none of them provides this sense of safety/stability I get from H3. Backhand: Currently non-tacky on main blade and tacky on spare (H3 37). Still undecided which to keep and my inner EJ wants to test some more non-tacky rubbers but I think I should just get a H8-80 37 and boost it if it's too slow/not bouncy enough for me.

Reactions: harty and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Recently switched from T05 to D09C. Helps with counter topspin and over the table. Hurts with lazy footwork. I am concerned about durability.

ILT

This user has no status.

ILT

This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Recently switched from T05 to D09C. Helps with counter topspin and over the table. Hurts with lazy footwork. I am concerned about durability.

Hey Dr Evil, it seems that you have quite the experience when it comes to table tennis. I am a beginner/intermediate table tennis player who is looking to get their first custom bat, I have a couple in mind but what would you say is a good option?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

Hey Dr Evil, it seems that you have quite the experience when it comes to table tennis. I am a beginner/intermediate table tennis player who is looking to get their first custom bat, I have a couple in mind but what would you say is a good option?

If you don't know a coach or more experienced player who's seen you play, it would be better to ask UpSideDownCarl or another expert on this forum. They might want a little more information about your playing level, and some video if possible.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl