Rubber compatibility with TB ALC

This user has no status.
Since I got my Timo Boll ALC I have tried a bunch of different rubbers. I find that Chinese tacky rubbers like the H3 are stiff and produce little spin, the sweet spot is also small. I settled on the Donic Bluegrip V1 and I find that it’s very comfortable. Does anyone know why this is, and what cheaper rubbers I can use on a TB ALC?

This user has no status.
Since I got my Timo Boll ALC I have tried a bunch of different rubbers. I find that Chinese tacky rubbers like the H3 are stiff and produce little spin, the sweet spot is also small. I settled on the Donic Bluegrip V1 and I find that it’s very comfortable. Does anyone know why this is, and what cheaper rubbers I can use on a TB ALC?

For clarification, I mean on the forehand side and I wanna know if there is a certain type of rubber that doesn’t work or works. THANKS!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

For clarification, I mean on the forehand side and I wanna know if there is a certain type of rubber that doesn’t work or works. THANKS!

The harder the overall combination, the more effort is required to generate spin.
For many players an ALC with H3 (not boosted) would therefore feel very stiff and difficult to play.
While still being basically a Chinese type rubber, the BlueGrip is a little more dynamic than the Hurricane, and a little more forgiving also.

Generally, I have seen so many rubbers paired with the ALC that I wouldn´t say there´s a type that doesn´t work, the question becomes can the player work the combination.
Personally, I think rubbers in t05 style or ESN rubbers around 47,5 degree sponge hardness are more harmonic than Chinese or Hybrid rubbers.