Endurance exercises

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Sup guys,

I would love you (my fav TT folks) would help me explore some training regimes for increasing endurance. I do train with the bot and doing falkenberg for more than a minute kills me. I am on mission to fix that. Last training session I spent firing my strongest topspins against a club wall (a person, not a brick device) and I was out of breath after 10 minutes and my muscles got somewhat permamently (until I rolled them at home) fatigued.

I technically could reserve my "breath" and play dosile top-spins, but hey, where the heck is fun in that. Also the only way of the breaking the wall I found so far is doing the super duper anihilation combo (FH, FH, BH turbo slam spiny boy).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I'm afraid I kind of agree with the suggestions. It's not my idea of fun, but extra fitness work away from the table has worked for me. I used to find drilling very painful and often be struggling for breath. I'm too old to say I find anything easy now but my TT training endurance has definitely improved due to attending a class (boot camp) twice a week. At the local league level I play it has helped me stay in rallies and win points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Think you will get more endurance from tabletennis aswell. Try to make the exercises longer. Very functional for tabletennis aswell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Biggest gain for me for was loosing weight. Not just for table tennis but for general sporting endurance and flexibility.
I didn't loose much but I think I can feel difference for every kg.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, running, cycling, squats, core work, there are a few things at play here:

1) cardio endurance (you have to work on that).
2) leg strength
3) core strength

There are things that give you cross over and give all three. But different forms of exercise will help in different ways. Even in the category of running. Running multiple sprints will do something very different than running at a sustained pace for 40-80 min. A two hour bike ride on flat terrain will give you something different than a 2 hour ride on terrain with lots of climbing.

Burpees are going to be useful as well. Jumping will do something good for leg power, jumping will also do something for core strength.

This guy is showing basics:
But things like that can really build strength in the core and legs. Burpees will do that too. But the more different ways you have to challenge physical strength and endurance, the stronger you will get in the long run.

Reactions: pingpongpaddy

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Do a series of multiball or robot of as many balls as you can stay down in your legs and move without losing your playing posture. Could be four balls or five, whatever you can do properly. Make a 3-4 seconds break in between each series of balls.

Do that with various patterns like short to fh long to bh, falkenberg if you like that. Bh wide fh bh again. The most common patterns. When you can do that for an hour or more with only those few seconds breaks then your endurance will be better than it is now.

Don't try to do 50 balls in a row. That isn't how games are. Assuming you want match endurance, not to be the best falkenberger ever.