S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2021
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews

Yasaka Dynamix rubber advice

I'm planning to buy a Yasaka Dynamix blade. The blade is probably a bit fast for my level, so I'm looking for the soft rubber to get more control and feeling.For the last couple of years I've been playing Yasaka Mark V blade/rubber, but looking now for something with more speed, without sacrificing too much of control.
    All opinions are very welcome!

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 217 521
    L
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 521 217

User Info Menu

Maybe Your overdoing it (11 wood + 6 carbon), probably super stiff...
    Anyway, I play with a Primorac Carbon (One of Buttefly's fastest) and I am using Rakza 7 soft to low it down.
    This blade has a very different design (3 wodd + 2 carbon) so I don't really know but that blade would be very very
    low on my wanted list...

Cheers
    L-zr
    Steal a little and they throw You in jail, Steal a lot and they make You King... (Dylan)

This user has no status.

TTD Member 19 65
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 65 19
    IMHO soft rubbers won't give you control. Instead you'll have unpredictability. Why not go for a linear rubber like for instance a tacky Chinese one?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 5
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2021
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer
    Maybe Your overdoing it (11 wood + 6 carbon), probably super stiff...
    Anyway, I play with a Primorac Carbon (One of Buttefly's fastest) and I am using Rakza 7 soft to low it down.
    This blade has a very different design (3 wodd + 2 carbon) so I don't really know but that blade would be very very
    low on my wanted list...

Cheers
    L-zr

Yes, it's very possible I'm overdoing it Thinking also go down to Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon. But Dynamix isn't much more expensive, so it could be fun to try.
    I'm also considering Rakza 7 soft, nice to know it works for the purpose. Are you using it on both sides?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 5
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2021
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram Vroonland
    IMHO soft rubbers won't give you control. Instead you'll have unpredictability. Why not go for a linear rubber like for instance a tacky Chinese one?

Something like DHS Hurricane 3?

This user has no status.

L
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bram Vroonland
    Incorrect, I have plenty of control, With a linear rubber I will not get the “innerforce effect”, no thank you, this is perfect.

Cheers
    L-zr
    Steal a little and they throw You in jail, Steal a lot and they make You King... (Dylan)

This user has no status.

L
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by superdad

Yes, it's very possible I'm overdoing it Thinking also go down to Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon. But Dynamix isn't much more expensive, so it could be fun to try.
    I'm also considering Rakza 7 soft, nice to know it works for the purpose. Are you using it on both sides?

Yes on both sides.

The best is to have a moderately fast blade and change the rubber instead. What blade do you have now?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 5
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2021
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews
    Yes on both sides.

The best is to have a moderately fast blade and change the rubber instead. What blade do you have now?

I have Yasaka Mark V pre-assembled bat with Mark V rubber on both sides. I think it's a really good all-around bat with plenty of control, but it's getting old and I'm ready to try something with more speed and spin. Also I want a blade where I can replace rubber

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 5
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 0

User Info Menu

Nov 2021
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews
    Yes on both sides.

Actually it's Yasaka Mark V Carbon Racket with 3 wood + 2 carbon layers. Just forgot it's a carbon version of Mark V.

says This user has status.

Elite TTD Member 546 1,004
    says This user has status.

Elite TTD Member 1,004 546

User Info Menu

Jul 2018
    Canada
    Read 0 Reviews
    Hi,

Dynamix is a pretty unique design and worth trying out for yourself. But to be honest, not something I would recommend (beginner or advanced).

Pretty stiff and fast, ok if you hit flat/smash very hard, but "control and feeling" is not something I would attribute. All the extra layers means the glue to weight ratio is very high, kind of dulls the feeling. Anything more than 7 layers becomes a detriment to be honest.

The carbon isn't exactly hard sheets either, more like "powder". Adds more numbness than stiffness.

Clipper or similar is a safe bet. Persson Powerplay if you want something more rounded.

The Following User Likes lasta's Post:

superdad

This user has no status.

L
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Thats not a bad blade. Put Rakza 7 on it.

If You are desperate for a new blade.
    I suggest an "Innerforce Carbon" type of design, ala Butterfly Innerforce ALC could be good. Look it up if You don't know what it is. I have a Butterfly Innerfoce ALC:S as well, this blade is not fast at all. The innerforce works so that the carbon layer takes more effect the harder You hit. This is not for You if You like a linear blade (What You put in You get out). I think it's marvellous, You get control in the slow game
    and force in the fast game. Other brads have this technology also, but I don't know of any "inneerforce" Yasaka blade.

Cheers
    L-zr

The Following User Likes Lazer's Post:

superdad

Last edited by Lazer; 11-11-2021 at 12:03 PM.