Question about Hybrid Rubbers

Hi guys, I got a bit interested in this subject, about tacky topsheets and dynamic sponges.

1- What are the main characteristics of this type of rubber, your proposal?

2- Is a different technical adjustment necessary? Forward movement, closed angle or something like that?

3 - What are some models focused on this? I saw some like K1 and K2, Big Dipper and Yasaka Rising Dragon.

4 - What are your experiences with this type of rubber?

Grateful :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
1. Tacky but less tacky than typical Chinese rubbers. Bouncy, Euro style sponge.Â

2. Not really.Â

3. Big Dipper is kinda hybrid because the sponge is factory boosted, but its not a truly bouncy sponge. Apollo 5 is probably a better true hybrid. Dignics 09c is best hybrid. Reactor Thunder/Tornado are something like Hybrid. Loki rubbers. Bloom Power. Palio HK1997 and Hadou.Â

4. To me, its the best type of forehand rubber.Â

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
You also have to consider that Chinese rubbers are not just slower because of the sponge but also because the tacky sheet costs you some speed as the ball basically has to "rip loose" from the tacky rubber.

You can test that pretty well on a tacky rubber, the ball will bounce higher with a protection film on than without it.That means that even with the best sponge a hybrid will be slower than a classic tensor.

D09 is described as much slower than tenergy 05 despite both having a fast sponge.That doesn't have to be bad but should be considered if you are more of a block/flat drive hitter vs a spinny hitter.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
1. Tacky but less tacky than typical Chinese rubbers. Bouncy, Euro style sponge.Â

2. Not really.Â

3. Big Dipper is kinda hybrid because the sponge is factory boosted, but its not a truly bouncy sponge. Apollo 5 is probably a better true hybrid. Dignics 09c is best hybrid. Reactor Thunder/Tornado are something like Hybrid. Loki rubbers. Bloom Power. Palio HK1997 and Hadou.Â

4. To me, its the best type of forehand rubber.Â

D09C is a good hybrid rubber!!! 'the best' maybe not!!!
It depends on how you evaluate 'best'
As with all equipment what's 'best' for a person, is not necessarily the 'best' equipment !!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
hybrid rubbers? this sounds interesting. just that i see dignics is very expensive??

Yeah... Don't use dignica 09c as price benchmark.. Take a looo at Donic Bliegrip, Gewo Codexx, Rakza Z Joola GT, Xiom Vega and Omega China, Victas Triple series, Tibhar K series. Basically every brand has it's own take on the subject. You can watch TT11 video on the subject

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021

Yeah... Don't use dignica 09c as price benchmark.. Take a looo at Donic Bliegrip, Gewo Codexx, Rakza Z Joola GT, Xiom Vega and Omega China, Victas Triple series, Tibhar K series. Basically every brand has it's own take on the subject. You can watch TT11 video on the subject

thanks for info, well appreciated

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Are there any good Chinese true hybrids? I would prefer a true Bouncy sponge that plays without tuning and not a factory tuned sponge.

Big dipper was mentioned but it also was mentioned it is factory tuned rather than a tensor like sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Are there any good Chinese true hybrids? I would prefer a true Bouncy sponge that plays without tuning and not a factory tuned sponge.

Big dipper was mentioned but it also was mentioned it is factory tuned rather than a tensor like sponge.

Golden Tango PS and Dignica 09c. Having a tensor spong is counter productive imho if you want a true Chinese top sheet. Sponge counters topsheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Â

I dont think any Chinese rubbers have a true "tensor" sponge. But there are several that are tacky, while also being quite fast and bouncy. Yinhe Apollo 5 and their "gold" rubbers (Sun Pro, Moon Pro)Â are great choice. Loki N80. Battle 2 and Bloom Power. Palio HK1997.Â

Â

I dont think any Chinese rubbers have a true "tensor" sponge. But there are several that are tacky, while also being quite fast and bouncy. Yinhe Apollo 5 and their "gold" rubbers (Sun Pro, Moon Pro)Â are great choice. Loki N80. Battle 2 and Bloom Power. Palio HK1997.Â

Moon Pro its really nice! I tested on a Loki Violent V9 (7ply wood + 2 carbon) of my friend. I really liked this rubber, nice spin ( i think the most speed part is of the blade lol)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Moon Pro its really nice! I tested on a Loki Violent V9 (7ply wood + 2 carbon) of my friend. I really liked this rubber, nice spin ( i think the most speed part is of the blade lol)

It is nice. It is really hard to call it hybrid though. Weird one. Tacky top but sponge is easy to compress, but not bouncy. Medium is a little to soft for me. It is more like tuned hard sponge than tensor.