Timo Boll ALC VS Viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I wouldn't worry too much about the differences between a Viscaria and a Boll ALC. You might try 10 Viscaria and you might only like one of them and the rest is mediocore.
I don't have a positive opinion on all wood Stiga blades, to me they feel more dead than their carbon blades. I would rather get DHS, Yinhe , TSP or Nittaku blades that are similar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I bought a Timo Boll ALC and was loving it when lots of people said it’s not as good as the viscaria or stiga wooden blades. Being the poor guy I am, I’ve never tried any of those. Can anyone tell me which is better and why?

From my experience with commercial blades, the best approach is to buy from clubmates. Sometimes it means spending many hours looking but imho it is worth to buy the blade that just feels good than buy based on internet reviews and brand/model.

As zwill said the variation is big.

Reactions: dajdosta and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Long time Viscaria user. I've owned half a dozen Viscarias and two Bolls, and tried many others over the years. No two blades are identical, and there are slight differences on average between the models. But for me the only significant difference is the handle shape.

Stiga all wood blades are very different. If you try one, the first thing you might notice is that the blade vibrates a lot more than the Boll ALC. The extra vibration is energy that's being absorbed by the blade and your hand rather than going back to the ball, so the next thing you might notice is that your shots are a little less powerful. If you're like many people who start with a carbon composite blade and then try all wood, you won't like the all wood at first. It might feel almost hollow. And why use a blade that makes you work harder to hit the ball fast? Slowing things down, and getting more vibration feedback, might help develop your technique. Some coaches swear by all wood blades for developing players. Others don't think it makes much of a difference, or even prefer composite blades.

Reactions: Tinykin and KM1976
This user has no status.
I bought a Timo Boll ALC and was loving it when lots of people said it’s not as good as the viscaria or stiga wooden blades. Being the poor guy I am, I’ve never tried any of those. Can anyone tell me which is better and why?

It’s the same blade with a thinner handle. The only practical difference is that the shape of the wings next to the handle is lightly different. Other than that it’s the same thing.