Opinion on my new setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood FL 90g
FH: Palio Ak47 red
BH: Palio Ak47 yellow

Hi friends. What do you think of this combo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood FL 90g
FH: Palio Ak47 red
BH: Palio Ak47 yellow

Hi friends. What do you think of this combo?

This question is a bit unspecific.

What i can say, that his setup is at least decent and would probably fit many beginners to intermediate players.
You should be able to perform every sort of shots with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

This question is a bit unspecific.

What i can say, that his setup is at least decent and would probably fit many beginners to intermediate players.
You should be able to perform every sort of shots with it.

It would suit even some advanced players... Even some pros. The AK47 are very nice rubbers. The best non tacky china has to offer I think.

Blade is a bit fast though, but it will do.

This user has no status.
Hello yousuhika,

Thinking about what opinion I may have, it depends on how much experience do you have with custom equipment.
If it is your first setup, probably it will be fairly good, but there could be some more fine tuning.

I had seen a Russian shop's youtube channel, and they said, AK47 yellow is rather allround rated rubber, while AK47 red has a steady offensive rating.
If you actively attack and loop with your BH as well, you will find AK47 yellow too slow and soft compared to the FH side.
If your FH skills are sufficient, there should be no problem with AK47 red.
The blade choice also seems to be on the fast side (Off-/Off border), but nothing unmanageable with practice.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood FL 90gFH: Palio Ak47 redBH: Palio Ak47 yellowHi friends. What do you think of this combo?

I have an old Tibhar Stratus Power Wood ( TSPW ) and I have tried both side Donic Baracuda, Joola Zack, Yasaka Mark V etc.However, I have not tried putting chinese tacky rubber on it.The best experience I have had is Donic Baracuda on both side. TSPW is teeny weeny bit on the stiff side when compared to other 5 ply blade and in my opinion, if you put hard chinese tacky rubber, it is more difficult to create spin, unless you are a well seasoned player. For beginner you may have more difficulty to create spin.Hence, again from my own experience, use easy to spin rubber like Donic Baracuda to start off or Joola Zack which is a slow all round rubber to kick-start your learning process. Just my dua sen ( two cents ) opinion.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

I have an old Tibhar Stratus Power Wood ( TSPW ) and I have tried both side Donic Baracuda, Joola Zack, Yasaka Mark V etc.However, I have not tried putting chinese tacky rubber on it.The best experience I have had is Donic Baracuda on both side. TSPW is teeny weeny bit on the stiff side when compared to other 5 ply blade and in my opinion, if you put hard chinese tacky rubber, it is more difficult to create spin, unless you are a well seasoned player. For beginner you may have more difficulty to create spin.Hence, again from my own experience, use easy to spin rubber like Donic Baracuda to start off or Joola Zack which is a slow all round rubber to kick-start your learning process. Just my dua sen ( two cents ) opinion.

I see, however the Palio Ak47 is a non-tacky rubber. A little on the hard side. I have sufficient experience to use a setup this fast. I just want to know all of your opinions.