Some Clips of me playing

says Hello Guys , I love Table Tennis Just like you guys...
says Hello Guys , I love Table Tennis Just like you guys...
Apr 2011
Hey guys.
This are some clips of me playing against a friend.
please comment tips are more than welcome , i would really like to improve my backhand.
I know we kinda play slow but i dont really know why this is. please watch the whole video!
btw sorry for the music on some of the clips , I have some silly friends..

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I GOT A SHOCKED WHEN THE MUSIC CAME ON HAHAHAHA "I don't wanna study, I just wanna party!" hahaha
Where is this place where you play buddy? You started playing with a white ball and I had a hard time where the ball was. Good thing you changed it :) Btw, which one is you?

This user has no status.
I GOT A SHOCKED WHEN THE MUSIC CAME ON HAHAHAHA "I don't wanna study, I just wanna party!" hahaha
Where is this place where you play buddy? You started playing with a white ball and I had a hard time where the ball was. Good thing you changed it :) Btw, which one is you?

As it says in the start of the film, he is the one in the black shirt :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi Stefano.
Nice game but I couldn't really figure out who won? :D What I saw about your game in the video was that you have to focus on foot work and balance. You are playing in a very upright position and it's ruining your balance. Another thing I noticed was that, most of the time after hitting the ball you leave your arm above your head instead of taking down in front of you so that you're ready for the next ball. Last your forehand it look quite spinny when you loop, but if you want to put more power into the ball then you have to use more body rotation rather than arm swing. Don't take your arm too far back when making loop. Regarding your backhand just practice multiball sessions and after many hours of training you'll have a backhand as Ma Long ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Hi... Here's my 2 cents. Please feel free to ignore...

1. Even when you get high or passive returns, you're not attacking. Esp on your BH side.. Even a well-placed counter will do. Don't worry about opening up with your backhand till your FH footwork is really good.
2. You're too quick to back off from the table. Try not to take more than 1-2 steps unless you're forced to defend. Playing in a smaller room will fix this. Or put a marker behind you and try not to step over.
3. Also, you are waiting at the end of stroke and are ball-watching, instead of getting back to loop the next one. As you're far from the table, your attacks are less effective and your opponent gets more time to react. If you play against good blockers, you will stop doing this.
4. You could serve a bit lower. It seems a bit too high in this video. Not sure if its the angle though.

Hope it helps. All the best!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
from what i saw i would agree with most posters here. You should work on footwork and positioning as this is the foundation for good table tennis. Another very useful training tool is to take recordings of high level players training, and compare them to a video of yourself and try to mimic or imitate them as best u can. Train a bit, then check with a camera. Your mental image of yourself is usually different (and not in a good way lol) then actual play.

For only playing 1 year, looks like your doing great!