New Setup

This user has no status.
Hi guys, I've recently just bought the viscaria with Tenergy 05 on the Forehand and Tenergy 80 on the Backhand both 1.9 mm. I'm finding viscaria too fast for me I don't get as much spin or dwell time as I do with an all wood blade. I like the look of the Andro Simon Gauzy SL off blade with maybe the Rasanter R53 Rubbers or Yasaka Razka 7, or maybe stiga genesis ii s as I think tenergy would be too fast for my liking.
My style: I'm a very similar player to Simon Gauzy like to use heavy topspin, chop blocks and sidespin and I like to use heavy topspin with a lot of dwell time on my 3rd ball then attack on 5th ball.
And I'm not sure if I should go up to 2.0 mm or more to get more dwell time and spin
Should I get the Simon Gauzy blade or is there any other better setups for me or I could stick with a butterfly wood blade but I'm not sure or go to Stiga and get a Carbonado 45
Thanks

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys, I've recently just bought the viscaria with Tenergy 05 on the Forehand and Tenergy 80 on the Backhand both 1.9 mm. I'm finding viscaria too fast for me I don't get as much spin or dwell time as I do with an all wood blade. I like the look of the Andro Simon Gauzy SL off blade with maybe the Rasanter R53 Rubbers or Yasaka Razka 7, or maybe stiga genesis ii s as I think tenergy would be too fast for my liking.
My style: I'm a very similar player to Simon Gauzy like to use heavy topspin, chop blocks and sidespin and I like to use heavy topspin with a lot of dwell time on my 3rd ball then attack on 5th ball.
And I'm not sure if I should go up to 2.0 mm or more to get more dwell time and spin
Should I get the Simon Gauzy blade or is there any other better setups for me or I could stick with a butterfly wood blade but I'm not sure or go to Stiga and get a Carbonado 45
Thanks

Hi Jamie,

Any footage of you playing, always a great help for those interested in making suggestions.
Gives a much better insight to the sort of level you play at!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Brs has a good point!!!

R53 is fast and not as forgiving to stroke errors, if you don’t like T05 on the Viscaria, then it’s likely to be similar for R53.
Never tried a Carbonado 45 (C45) but maybe that will be quicker than the Korbel, possibly similar to VIscaria for speed or a tad quicker, similar stiffness between Viscaria and C45.

If the blade shape and size of the Korbel and Viscaria are similar, you could try putting the T05 onto the Korbel and seeing how that plays.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think the Gauzy blade is pretty hard aswell?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I can't edit it for some reason and I found that too heavy I might go to primorac and T05

Yh I could do that but I used to like playing with a primorac so I might put it on there instead as Korbel I found heavy,

I think you might be talking about changing the blade listed on your profile. If that is the case, if you click on your user name at the top right hand corner of the page and go down to "general settings", and then in general settings, click on "edit profile", there you should be able to change the blade and rubbers you have listed.